Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Kirodoc
macrumors newbie

Temple of Elemental Evil & Wineskin/Crossover Games

So, I'm running TOEE via Crossover Games. I got the game from GoG and patched it with the Co8 mod pack. I'm getting a fairly well known glitch, with flames, lights and spell effects flickering or becoming entirely invisible.

I've looked around and it seems there are some fixes, but most are when using Wine, rather than Crossover Games. I'm told there was a wrapper created here http://portingteam.com/files/file/60...lemental-evil/ that fixes this problem. I'm told you can put your existing game files in this wrapper and it will fix the glitch. The problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

What I've done, is go into Crossover and accessed the wrapper I made in Crossover, by going to Configure - Manage Bottles - Picking the Wrapper I had made to run the game in crossover - Advanced - Open C: Drive - ???

Now, from the C: Drive, I've tried several things. I've taken the TOEE folder and dragged it into the wrapper downloaded here http://portingteam.com/files/file/60...lemental-evil/ and I've traded files back and forth, I've tried everything I can think of. The app from the new wrapper will look like it's going to start when I double click it, but nothing ends up happening.

What am I doing wrong? I'm told I should be able to fix my game and keep its progress by just using this new wrapper. Anyone know what I need to do?
Kirodoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Washac
macrumors 68000

Crossover was one of the biggest wastes of money I have ever spent, I never but ever managed to get anything running under it.

Just use Bootcamp or even Parallels so much easier

Last edited by Washac; Nov 12, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Kirodoc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washac View Post
Crossover was one of the biggest wastes of money I have ever spent, I never but ever managed to get anything running under it.

Just Use Bootcamp or even Parallels so much easier
Done it. Done VMFusion as well. I'm not interested in those. This game runs better than it ever did in Crossover, aside from this one glitch. If I can just get the right files put in the wrapper, the right way, all will be right with the world.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Kirodoc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washac View Post

Just use Bootcamp or even Parallels so much easier
Uhhh, so I just started getting game crashes after my last response to you. More than halfway through the game and I have never had an issue. Man...you got some mojo.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games