Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwsiii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
We have numerous iOS devices in our house but only one PC (Windows 7).
There are no user profiles on the machine.
We each (myself, wife, mother in law) have our own Apple IDs on our devices, but only mine is connected to the iCloud Photo Stream program on the PC.
Does anyone know of a way to be able to have all three Apple ids working and syncing simultaneously?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
You need to provide a little more detail in what you're trying to do. You say that you each have separate AppleIDs. But is that for iTunes/AppStore or iCloud (or both).

The way Apple has it set up is a little confusing. iCloud is a separate login from iTunes Store, but many people have the same login credentials for both. Makes for lots of confusion.

Anyways, until you provide some details on what you're trying to accomplish, it'll be hard to help you out.

In the meantime, I'll provide you some details on how I handle it.

My wife and I both have our own separate Macs. We each have an iPhone as well. In addition, she has an iPad.

So we share my AppleID for music/app purchases. Both of our Macs have iTunes logged into my AppleID. For iCloud, we have separate accounts, so that we don't get our calendars and contacts mixed up. We can share our calendars across iCloud, so I can see/edit her calendars and vice versa.

Not sure if that's the setup youre looking for, but hopefully, this helps. There's also a sticky post in this forum that details all of the situations you can run into with mutiple iOS devices and accounts. Take a look at that thread ... it's very helpful.

bwsiii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
So, I have an iPhone and I use the same Apple ID (id#1) for the store and iCloud.
The wife has an iPad and iPhone and uses the same Apple ID (id#2) for the store and iCloud.
The mother in law has an iPad and uses the same Apple ID (id#3) for store and iCloud.
The PC iCloud account is logged in as id#1 and all my pictures, etc. are synced in the designated Photo Stream folder.
I'd like to be able to have id#2 and id#3 also sync to that location without having to create separate users on the workstation.
However, I don't want to have to use the same iCloud ID as I don't want to get their iMessages or them to get mine.

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
As far as I'm aware, I'm afraid it can't be done.

Because you need to be signed into iCloud to sync the photos...

You could setup different users but still choose the same file location... That could work...

So the folder will populate with the photos from the different ID's into one place and essentially create a 'merged photo stream' so you can all share photos...

I'm not on a PC so I can't check/test this I'm afraid but in theory it could work! :D

(Let me know if you try it!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.