Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
You're not alone, OP. I also do the same :)....I've kept text messages from certain people and hate hitting that load old messages button haha...takes forever to go back a year + !!!

wait i have to wait for iMessages to appear when i search? maybe this explains why when i search for old SMS i don't get them?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
wait i have to wait for iMessages to appear when i search? maybe this explains why when i search for old SMS i don't get them?
You can death for them even if they don't appear but selecting the result won't take you to the actual message it seems just the latest conversation where the message might be present from long ago and many earlier messages would need to be loaded to get to it.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Just a little relationship advice....

If you are sooo into a relationship where you are reading 6 month old text conversations regularly then you are obvously way more into her than she is into you. In other words.... you are batting out of your league.

In that case, kudos. :D

However, be warned, you are flirting with a fine line of obsessiveness and if she catches wind that you are not in her league this relationship will be over quick.

Tip - be more even keil. Dont obsess. Dont be "too cool" and delete old convos. Just be normal. Dont put "it" on a pedestal.

He asked a tech question, don't be an armchair psychiatrist and act like you know everything about them.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
Take a look in "Usage" in Settings, and Messages. Mine was a little over 1GB of messages taking up space on the phone. And it takes up icloud space
74MB of messages in the span of 6 years. How could you reach 1gb? Is that all MMS ?

icaobone

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2014
All,
Does anybody know of a reliable way to this? Any good programs come to mind that does this?

Thanks

Elvira567

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015

If you are sooo into a relationship where you are reading 6 month old text conversations regularly then you are obvously way more into her than she is into you. In other words.... you are batting out of your league.

However, be warned, you are flirting with a fine line of obsessiveness and if she catches wind that you are not in her league this relationship will be over quick.

Tip - be more even keil. Dont obsess. Dont be "too cool" and delete old convos. Just be normal. Dont put "it" on a pedestal.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, there's nothing wrong with reading old text conversations and it is not obsessive at all. It's like looking at old photographs ? I like to read conversations from the last year with my friends, it's great to look back and remember things and laugh at the funny things etc etc

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015

I wasn't aware OP was asking for relationship "advice". Besides, "advice" is subjective, and implies that an individual base their life upon YOUR experiences, successes and failings, instead of just getting on with life and making their own choices. What a silly post.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why did we dig up a year old thread just to comment on some post from almost a year and a half ago?

Sliveraler

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
View old messages on iPhone? First of all you should know that only restore iPhone with older backups can do that.
iCloud backups or iTunes backup will be available. There is another method as well, some tools can scan all previous messages on iPhone directly. Say iPhone Data Recovery, you can have a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.