Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:35 PM   #1
weekendsrule32
macrumors member

Installation of Software onto Windows installed with Bootcamp

Hey everyone,

I just installed Windows 7 onto my iMac, but I've run into a problem. I am trying to install a program off of a disc onto my Windows 7 installation. Like a lot of programs on discs, the installation requires a reboot half way through before "automatically" proceeding. The problem is, when I reboot my mac, hold the alt key, and boot into windows again, nothing happens. This has never happened to me before on a pc, so I was wondering if something has to be done differently on a mac?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:25 PM   #2
balamw

Can you tell us which program?

It should not be different, but one way you can change the behavior a bit is to make Windows the default boot OS temporarily. (Use the Boot Camp icon in Control Panel).

B

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac