Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
I tried today to get the $50 off at my Apple Store of choice.... failed in the $50 off... :( Even for a iTunes gift card.... :(

But in the end it was not worth my time or effort to cancel the order to get the $50 off and drive over to my local Best Buy. I dislike Best Buy that much!

That's your loss, I guess. I'm headed up to a nearby Best Buy Mobile later this evening to pick up my family's four new iPhone 5s, each with $50 off and 5,000 bonus reward points!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
That's your loss, I guess. I'm headed up to a nearby Best Buy Mobile later this evening to pick up my family's four new iPhone 5s, each with $50 off and 5,000 bonus reward points!

Good for you... I was only getting one phone.... So the time saved was worth the $ for me... Plus I will never miss Best Buy if they go away.....would rather to McDonalds for customer service!

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I have never heard of such a thing. Why would BBY charge an additional ETF? They made their money off the initial sale and contract, but canceling your service is all on the carrier.

Are you referring to Internet third-party resellers such as Wirefly and Lets talk?

I know it was in my contract for another Verizon reseller I used, but I'm not sure if it affects all resellers.'

EDIT: Interesting, maybe it is just Android then, because that is the device I got there.

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Good for you... I was only getting one phone.... So the time saved was worth the $ for me... Plus I will never miss Best Buy if they go away.....would rather to McDonalds for customer service!

Yeah, that's cool, bro. I know how it is when you get sick of a particular company. Like I was with AT&T. We're on Verizon now. The porting process was simple and quick. I left the store with all four iPhones activated.

Verizon's website is so much better than AT&T's.

Adonnan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
I bought one four days ago from AT&T and tried to get them to match the deal with at least account credit. No go, so I returned a 5 and went to BB less than a mile away.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I had one of the best experiences buying a phone at bb today. The guy was very cool and very knowledgeable on everything. I even grabbed there geek squad warranty, free unlimited replacements for 2 years for $15 bucks a month. Cover EVERYTHING but loss or theft. The guy was like you could smash your phone with a hammer in front of us and we would still replace it free of charge. I figured ehh what the hell. 50 bucks off and I was sold.

equalme

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Houston, TX
Awesome deal.

Does anybody know if BBY can add a line and port over a phone number?

I was planning on paying my ETF and leaving TMO tomorrow to join my friends shared data plan on ATT. Is BBY capable of doing all of that or will I have to visit a ATT store?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Awesome deal.

Does anybody know if BBY can add a line and port over a phone number?

I was planning on paying my ETF and leaving TMO tomorrow to join my friends shared data plan on ATT. Is BBY capable of doing all of that or will I have to visit a ATT store?

Yes, BB can do it also.
They can add a line and then port your number to a new family plan. As long as the main AT&T account holder is there with you.

equalme

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Houston, TX
Yes, BB can do it also.
They can add a line and then port your number to a new family plan. As long as the main AT&T account holder is there with you.

Thanks for the info. My friend (account holder) spoke with ATT today and was told all he needed to do was add me as an authorized user on the account and I should be able to add my line and pickup the phone myself. Supposedly I only need the last four of his SS# and the account passcode. Hmm..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thanks for the info. My friend (account holder) spoke with ATT today and was told all he needed to do was add me as an authorized user on the account and I should be able to add my line and pickup the phone myself. Supposedly I only need the last four of his SS# and the account passcode. Hmm..

That's correct.
As long as he adds you as an authorized user to the account then you can do it on your own by bringing in your licence or ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.