Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by iapplelove View Post
Does the App Store really need another photo editing app?
Yes. I really like the variety of them. They all do things differently and have a tool that stands out. Camera+'s Clarity, Snapseed's filters, Hipstamatic's 35mm feel, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:32 PM   #27
tokyopunk
macrumors member

Smart choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmovies View Post
Greedy.
would you give your stuff out for free?

If given the opportunity to make money, wouldn't you? Or would you say no, I'll pass?

Is given things away for free when people WILL pay a good way to run a company?

Just because other companies might have done it different doesn't mean this one has to.

Finally, as a free person, you have to option to not buy it.
tokyopunk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:40 PM   #28
Snowy_River
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Snowy_River Send a message via Yahoo to Snowy_River
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
I can't get all that worked up about forking over another $5. It's a great app and if we as iOS users want companies to develop decent software we gotta stop trying to freeload or have unreasonable expectations. It cost Adobe $ to downsize the app to the iPhone, so we should expect it to want to recoup and profit from that endeavor. $5 is not unreasonable given the power of of PS Touch and it's competition.
While I don't disagree with you, I think that there's a little bit of a marketing decision going on here. If they had made the app universal, then everyone who wanted to buy it just for their iPhones or iPod Touches would pay $10 for it. Thus, all of those sales would have garnered $5 more than they will now. In addition, those who bought it already for their iPads would feel like the company is taking care of them by allowing them to run the same app on all of their iOS devices. On the other hand, by making it separate apps for the iPad and iPhone/iPod, they reduce the profit margin for the new sales to iPhone/iPod users, but increase the number of sales because iPad users have to buy a separate app. However, at the same time, they draw some ill will because of the perception that they are not providing coverage for customers to run their app on all of their iOS devices without additional purchases.

Is there a right or wrong choice here? Not really, but each has its consequences.

If, ultimately, they are going to take the two apps in different directions, then I can see the reasoning behind keeping them separate. Time will tell.

Quote:
For those of you in the U.S. iTunes cards go on sale all the time, usually 20% off. If you are smart enough to stock up then it's only a $4 app -- a gallon of gas is more expensive, and that's only good for 20-30 miles.
Gas must be expensive where you live. Around here I'm spending about $3.25 per gallon right now. And a Prius gets around 45 miles out of that gallon of gas. Just sayin'...
Snowy_River is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:25 PM   #29
MrDc2
macrumors regular

Awesomeeeeeeee
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:15 PM   #30
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

Snapseed + TouchRetouch + Skitch (iPhoto app is a waste of money though) (or Line Camera for fun) are more than enough for my photo editing needs, 3 of them are free
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:31 PM   #31
dazed
macrumors 6502a

Is it true that if you download 3 adobe products and subscribe to their creative cloud you will get a month of cloud for free to cover the cost?

If so, how long does it take to process?

Thanks.
dazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:19 AM   #32
4mat
macrumors member

Can anybody outside the US get this app?? Not available in Australia
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:51 AM   #33
PortableLover
macrumors regular

I use this and another few apps on my ipad for general design work. Amazing App, although it may not be great on the iPhone due to lack of screen space.
PortableLover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:58 PM   #34
stellasangelier
macrumors newbie

Another breaking news indeed. No wonder at all if one day you'll gonna realized that everything you do manually can already be attainable with just one hit or touch on your iPhone. This Photoshop Touch application for the iPhone is something to look forward to, especially for those who are avid of photo taking and editing.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion