Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BingClawsby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Right now I've been using some Acer 22" generic proportioned 'widescreen' LCD monitor with my 13" macbook... ya know, it matches the 13" proportion-wise.

I also have an older 19 or 20" older BenQ LCD that I was using first with my old 8600 and 7600 machines so it has more of that older 4:3 or 4:5 proportion, then I had it also hooked up to the macbook that replaced the 86/7600 and it worked fine.

Both have DVI inputs.

What I'm planning on doing is to use both monitors now with the new mini....but even though the mini came yesterday, its going to stay in its box till my new cables/adapters arrive (hopefully monday)..... is to use the HDMI > DVI adapter that comes with the mini to plug into one of the monitors and I'm waiting for, a MDP > DVI, and use that for the second monitor.

So this should all work, correct? There won't be any problem that both monitors have different aspect ratios and perhaps resolution, is there?

I ain't gonna blow my new mini up or nothing, will I? :D

SDub90

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Long Island
it'll work fine as long as you're setting it up as desktop extension and not mirroring. If you choose mirroring, it'll work at the lower resolution of the two monitors (probably the 4:3)

BingClawsby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
it'll work fine as long as you're setting it up as desktop extension and not mirroring. If you choose mirroring, it'll work at the lower resolution of the two monitors (probably the 4:3)

Thanks.

Yes, I will using as extensions. No need to be mirroring with what I'm doing with this system

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.