Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Just answer the latest email, if you don't have one wait for one to arrive!

FYI no the settings are stored in multiple locations including your save file so I don't think that's the issue.

Edwin
OK, I don't have one, so I'll just wait.
Are you saying that the wheel/control settings are in different files? All other settings save OK. It's only the control settings that don't save.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
OK, I don't have one, so I'll just wait.
Are you saying that the wheel/control settings are in different files? All other settings save OK. It's only the control settings that don't save.

It depends but yes all the files in that folder store some kind of settings. Most of the graphics and front end panel ones are in Preferences Data and the wheel/in game settings are usually in the save game file.

However we are more focused on exactly what you are doing, likely it's something like unplugging the replugging the wheel just before starting the game etc that is causing the issue.

Anyway please send all your information to the email once it arrives as trying to work out a single persons issue in a public forum is messy and not the best for you or other readers of this thread :)

Edwin

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Anyway please send all your information to the email once it arrives as trying to work out a single persons issue in a public forum is messy and not the best for you or other readers of this thread :)

Edwin

Edwin, I've received the email now from Gerard, so I'll provide all that info.
As an aside, the problem occurs whether I unplug the wheel before launch or not, it occurs whether the wheel is plugged directly into the iMac or into a USB hub, and it occurs whether the Logitech FF is present or not.
You're right though, let's leave this thread alone with this, better handled by support.

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
I lost all my wheel settings in F1 2012 a couple of times. I don't any more...

It was down to starting the sim without my wheel plugged in. The moment you do that, it resets to keyboard settings.

If, for some reason, you do want to start the game without your wheel plugged in, create a new profile.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
I lost all my wheel settings in F1 2012 a couple of times. I don't any more...

It was down to starting the sim without my wheel plugged in. The moment you do that, it resets to keyboard settings.

If, for some reason, you do want to start the game without your wheel plugged in, create a new profile.
Thanks but I have never started the game without the wheel being plugged in. In the previous post, I meant unplug/plug in before launch. This is useful as the wheel re-calibrates, and re-centres.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Just a note about Grid...

I have played through this game on the 360 and the PS3 and it is just so much better on the Mac. It looks like a totally different game in my opinion. I can turn everything on as high as possible and the game is just plain smooth.

You know, I do not have time to really create a game with everything I want to race and every mode to race with. My game is too small and I already run a company and that pays the bills and feeds my family. That job comes first. So I am unbelievably grateful to the employees at Feral Interactive for releasing this and the other racing games recently as it makes me proud to race on OSX. I want OSX to be a great racing environment. It may be small, but it is getting better.

Also, a big thanks to Edwin. I do not know him personally, but he seems to help whenever he can or he can point you in the right direction. I see him on the boards constantly when it comes to the Feral titles. Also, he genuinely likes to bring games to the Mac players and I respect that. I am also a Mac fanatic (call me a almost 40 year old fanboy if you like) and it is nice to see others who are passionate about gaming on the Mac and want to make it better.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Also, a big thanks to Edwin. I do not know him personally, but he seems to help whenever he can or he can point you in the right direction. I see him on the boards constantly when it comes to the Feral titles. Also, he genuinely likes to bring games to the Mac players and I respect that. I am also a Mac fanatic (call me a almost 40 year old fanboy if you like) and it is nice to see others who are passionate about gaming on the Mac and want to make it better.
You're echoing what has been said here several times. It's not just racing Edwin helps with. He is a regular contributor to other threads, e.g. Deus Ex, etc.
It cannot be overstressed how excellent the guys at Feral are in terms of looking after their customers, and not just here either. The support via email is second to none.

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
And it's amazing on my system (iMac 2010). It will be even more on your system.

Finally got home to play a couple laps; only with a keyboard though for now. My Fanatec will be put on here tonight.

That being said, THE GAME IS AMAZING! I'm going to cap some video, etc., once I get the wheel setup.

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
I just downloaded it last night. I have only done about 3 races with just my 360 game pad, and I must say, I am impressed. It is a lot of fun sliding those big muscle cars around San Francisco. I just got a G25 wheel off craigslist a few day ago, and I have used is with F1 2012, but I haven't tried it with Grid yet. I am hope since they are both codemasters games, that it will work without any issues.

BTW, I am on OSX 10.8.3, and I loaded the old logitech ktext to run my wheel. It seems to work find.

ianwuk

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Just a note about Grid...

I have played through this game on the 360 and the PS3 and it is just so much better on the Mac. It looks like a totally different game in my opinion. I can turn everything on as high as possible and the game is just plain smooth.

You know, I do not have time to really create a game with everything I want to race and every mode to race with. My game is too small and I already run a company and that pays the bills and feeds my family. That job comes first. So I am unbelievably grateful to the employees at Feral Interactive for releasing this and the other racing games recently as it makes me proud to race on OSX. I want OSX to be a great racing environment. It may be small, but it is getting better.

100% agree with you here.

I love GRID on OSX, never played it before and was not even sure my MBP would even run it - I was utterly wrong, smooth as silk on the highest settings. I will even get a 360 control pad to use for this. First time I have ever considered a computer as a viable gaming platform for a long time (was always a console person).

A big thanks to all at Feral and I would love to see them port more racing games to OSX (I love racing games compared to all other genres) such as Burnout Paradise or Ridge Racer Unbounded for example.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
HELP PLEASE Calling all GRID steering Wheel Users

We have had a rare report from a 3 wheel users that their settings are not being saved on quit, however when we test using identical hardware it all works perfectly... So if you use a wheel could you please send me a private message or email support and tell me:

What wheel you have
What OS you have installed
What USB port you plug your wheel into (direct, keyboard hub etc)
If your wheel preferences are saved as you expect
If via PM your email so we can contact you again if needed

Even if you are playing without a problem your information will be used to help work out why these 3 users have problems. So please take 1 minute to send me a message and we can try and help out these few people with problems.

Thanks in advance to the racing community for your replies, it should help us improve our games even more and automatically deal with even more rare and/or strange issues :)

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.