Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Hi. Is there any way to make the album art display larger? The default size may be fine for a 13" MBA, but they're tiny to the point of being ridiculous on a 27" iMac (or I'm guessing a rMBP). Thanks in advance for any help. Bn

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
When you are in Artists view you certainly can increase/decrease the album art sizes. It's in one of the upper menus. There's about 6 sizes using a slider.
It's under View/Options I think. Click around.

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
When you are in Artists view you certainly can increase/decrease the album art sizes. It's in one of the upper menus. There's about 6 sizes using a slider.
It's under View/Options I think. Click around.

The default size is slammed all the way to the right, and it's too small for my tastes.

DeF46

macrumors regular
May 9, 2012
Belgium
On Windows I noticed if you enable the sidebar (CTRL S) then resize it (sideways), you'll notice that the album art scales a little bit in order to conserve the same amount of columns until it gives up and changes the number of columns.

Likewise if you simply resize the main window. It's kinda dumb that you have to resize the window to change the album art size.

FastEddie77

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2014
South OC
With window there is a way to resize the album artwork. Hold down Ctrl key then click the album artwork when playing a song and you get the old resizeable artwork which you can resize to your liking by dragging any corner of the window that pops up. Not sure if something similar will work in apple iOS.

I am using iTunes 11.1 on a windows 7 machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.