Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mshahnoora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Hi All!
I'm pleased w/ my iPhone 5, especially using it for business and personal use. However, I've noticed a minor issue when connected via USB w/ my car audio system.

When connected, the retina display isn't fully utilized when iPod app is open. Music plays fine, but the audio controls are out of place.

Please see the attached screenshot (will attach shortly) for better clarity around this issue. Are any of you experiencing similar things? It's just annoying when trying to control music while driving, and not looking at the screen.

Thanks for all your input!

mshahnoora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Ok, FINALLY attached the photo.
As you can see, there's a lot of "empty", unintended space on the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.PNG
    IMG_3518.PNG
    260.4 KB · Views: 70

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
see if your able to control music from the stereo...i can on mine and i never have to look at a screen

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
All that white stuff is the player trying to display ur album cover.

OK the control could be better but it is what it is. Touch screen, specially small ones, are very poor controls for while operating a moving vehicle as illustrated by BMW's catastrophic i-Drive.

With the iPhone, the ideal case is to purchase a head unit and transfer those controls to the hard knobs on the head... or wait until Siri becomes 10x smarter.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
That's where the volume slider usually is. Since you're using line-out audio, you don't control volume on the phone, just the stereo.

I agree that it is wasted space. On previous versions of iOS, the control buttons automatically got larger to fill that space when line-out audio was being used.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
When I use USB in any of my cars, Iphone screen is white with a connected message. No controls on screen

nephlin

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
When I use USB in any of my cars, Iphone screen is white with a connected message. No controls on screen

I had this issue for a long time, take it into the store and tell them. i did this the guy hooked it up and did something. It has worked perfectly since then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.