Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
So i " upgraded" GB and now i get this:

ScreenShot2013-04-06at74045PM.png

Can someone help me fix this?
Thanks in advance

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Have you verified and repaired permissions? Worth a try, though it may not do anything.

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
Did you uninstall everything? Support files, instrument packs, etc. If you did then I don't know the answer. I had a similar error and this resolved the issue for me.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Did you uninstall everything? Support files, instrument packs, etc. If you did then I don't know the answer. I had a similar error and this resolved the issue for me.

Should i also delete the Apple Loops?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It seems that you get that error if you try to copy / migrate GB from somewhere else.

You should contact Apple for support. You did buy it, didn't you?

eco7777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Contact Apple for support. You did buy it, didn't you?

yeap, it did cost 14.99 if i recall correctly

And if i also recall correctly i did copy everything to my hd and deleted everything and then tried to get everything back from the external drive a few months ago

ScreenShot2013-04-08at53139PM.png

I did unistall all manually except for the apple loops. I am downloading GB 5 and then i will install 6 on it. Is this the way it should be done or just install 6 directly?

Last edited:

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
Should i also delete the Apple Loops?

Yes. Every file, loop, and/or instrument associated with GarageBand. If you already have music created then of course remove those files first.

You did buy it, didn't you?

Don't go there. Nevertheless, I am assuming this is from a Disc or the Mac App Store. So OP, if not, you're probably going to have to pursue another route altogether with this install.

----------

just install 6 directly?

Yes.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Yes. Every file, loop, and/or instrument associated with GarageBand. If you already have music created then of course remove those files first.

Don't go there. Nevertheless, I am assuming this is from a Disc or the Mac App Store. So OP, if not, you're probably going to have to pursue another route altogether with this install.

----------

Yes.

Thank you!
I will try installing 6 directly or just buy back the whole ilife again.

Do you think it got corrupted when i tried reinstalling from my external HD?

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
Do you think it got corrupted when i tried reinstalling from my external HD?

In a nutshell, yes. In my case and in others I have read that is indeed the case. FYI, you should still be able to use Garageband after acknowledging the error. Also, in some cases users have to resort to using Garageband after first dismissing the error because a clean install didn't solve the problem. Good luck!

eco7777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
In a nutshell, yes. In my case and in others I have read that is indeed the case. FYI, you should still be able to use Garageband after acknowledging the error. Also, in some cases users have to resort to using Garageband after first dismissing the error because a clean install didn't solve the problem. Good luck!

yes i can use it, i just get the error and i hate to pay apple for something that is giving me an error….:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.