[iPad Mini] iPad Mini Best Tablet Out There Period - Page 6 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:42 AM   #126
YungMoola94
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random 995K View Post
haha you think you know about specs just because somethings has more cores xD The Iphone 5 is significantly faster than the S3 and MORE powerful. Look a benchmarks, java tests and battery life tests. If you want me to go into the technicality of the A6 chip and rip you i will. Don't talk without doing research. Cores, ram and ghz don't mean anything with **** architecture and operating system. Furthermore in real life the difference is day and night. The S3 lags like **** and can't run any high end games with out stuttering. (I can send you a video on this too) Also the 4S opens apps faster!!! (let alone the 5) If you don't believe me i will send you a video. Once again do some research and learn about chips before you make comments about hardware. Furthermore the S3 has about half the FPS of the Iphone 5 on the homecreen and even less than the Iphone 4S when running not running jelly bean. With jelly bean its still has significantly lower FPS on idle usage and active usage. The S3 is very sluggish compared the iphone 4s and 5. Go read up some on some Anandtech stuff.
I didn't say anything about cores or ram. I am talking about NFC, expandable memory and etc... I guess I should've said features instead. But yeah send me the video of it lagging

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random 995K View Post
haha you think you know about specs just because somethings has more cores xD The Iphone 5 is significantly faster than the S3 and MORE powerful. Look a benchmarks, java tests and battery life tests. If you want me to go into the technicality of the A6 chip and rip you i will. Don't talk without doing research. Cores, ram and ghz don't mean anything with **** architecture and operating system. Furthermore in real life the difference is day and night. The S3 lags like **** and can't run any high end games with out stuttering. (I can send you a video on this too) Also the 4S opens apps faster!!! (let alone the 5) If you don't believe me i will send you a video. Once again do some research and learn about chips before you make comments about hardware. Furthermore the S3 has about half the FPS of the Iphone 5 on the homecreen and even less than the Iphone 4S when running not running jelly bean. With jelly bean its still has significantly lower FPS on idle usage and active usage. The S3 is very sluggish compared the iphone 4s and 5. Go read up some on some Anandtech stuff.
Oh and I hope you know I own an iPhone 5 and have owned every other ones since the first iPhone. Main reason I got a S3 was because the 5 didn't feel like much of an upgrade (maybe because I was coming from a 4s?) and most of the apps I used weren't even updated for the bigger screen lastly there were times where I would have to close apps because it would freeze and reopen to work again. So all things added up and it was time for a change.
YungMoola94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:46 AM   #127
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by klover View Post
So you've owned a bunch of Apple phones, Apple tablets, and one competitor product and that qualifies you to make a "best product there is, period." statement?

Ok.

It's almost as if people have different opinions, tastes, and expectations.
Yes people have different opinions... So why are you contesting the OP's?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:34 AM   #128
Random 995K
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMoola94 View Post
I didn't say anything about cores or ram. I am talking about NFC, expandable memory and etc... I guess I should've said features instead. But yeah send me the video of it lagging

----------

Oh and I hope you know I own an iPhone 5 and have owned every other ones since the first iPhone. Main reason I got a S3 was because the 5 didn't feel like much of an upgrade (maybe because I was coming from a 4s?) and most of the apps I used weren't even updated for the bigger screen lastly there were times where I would have to close apps because it would freeze and reopen to work again. So all things added up and it was time for a change.
I have an iphone 5 and it has NEVER crashed for me. Furthermore i have not heard anyone else say it crashes but whatever... I will be honest with you, i find it hard to even watch these videos. I can send you many more of the same thing if you like.

Video of s3 lagging (i am sorry to say this but this is simply DISGRACEFUL): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0acT2-xLdHc

Video of s3 opening apps slower than 4s xD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4KcNfDG2N4

Quite simply big mistake imo for you to go to an inferior product.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:49 AM   #129
klover
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXiro View Post
Yes people have different opinions... So why are you contesting the OP's?
Different opinions are fine. Making bold declarations (best tablet. period) with very little experience with competing devices is just hyperbole.
klover is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:00 AM   #130
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMoola94 View Post

----------

What idiot is using their phone as a storage device? Nfc has security issues associated with it. I think its half baked in its current form. Nfc doesn't do anything your iPhone cant already do in terms of mobile payments. Why ad a chip just for the sake of check marking something off your list.

Last edited by AdonisSMU; Nov 10, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:02 PM   #131
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by klover View Post
Different opinions are fine. Making bold declarations (best tablet. period) with very little experience with competing devices is just hyperbole.
Well being that he's not a well renowned (what ever would be a professional tablet reviewer) and is posting on the forums page of a Apple rumors website. Isn't it fairly obvious that this entire thread was started based on this person's "opinion"?

It's not like he is posting this on the cover of the New Yorker or Time magazine...

stop being a drama queen.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:24 PM   #132
klover
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXiro View Post
Well being that he's not a well renowned (what ever would be a professional tablet reviewer) and is posting on the forums page of a Apple rumors website. Isn't it fairly obvious that this entire thread was started based on this person's "opinion"?

It's not like he is posting this on the cover of the New Yorker or Time magazine...

stop being a drama queen.
No drama; it's just a simple discussion.
klover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:47 PM   #133
ITS ME DAVID
macrumors 6502

I already said I have has experience with nexus 7 and kindle fire what more exoerience do I need.
ITS ME DAVID is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad