Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jezika

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
hi - i have a new verizon 16 gig white iphone 5 and want to trade it for a new ATT 16 gig white iphone 5. i have the box, accessories, and receipt from apple. i've lost my ATT iphone 5 and my mom gave me hers (she's on verizon). however, i like LTE so i want to trade. i'm in San Francisco but will be in new york city next week. open to meeting up at a local ATT store to trade. my verizon phone is in pristine condition, only used for activation/deactivation. also looking for an ATT version that's pristine.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
hi - i have a new verizon 16 gig white iphone 5 and want to trade it for a new ATT 16 gig white iphone 5. i have the box, accessories, and receipt from apple. i've lost my ATT iphone 5 and my mom gave me hers (she's on verizon). however, i like LTE so i want to trade. i'm in San Francisco but will be in new york city next week. open to meeting up at a local ATT store to trade. my verizon phone is in pristine condition, only used for activation/deactivation. also looking for an ATT version that's pristine.

The Verizon phone is also LTE, so why not stick with that since you like LTE.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

You should put this in the marketplace forum.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
First post. Seems suspicious. Doesnt even know the verizon iphone is LTE. Why not sell it in San Francisco? Have to sell in New York? Hmmm, hmmm indeed.

Mike J

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2012
but i have an ATT contract.

aren't verizon iphone 5's unlocked? if not, there are so many unlocking services online now that would be so much less hassle than finding somebody to trade phones...

get it unlocked and pop your sim in.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
aren't verizon iphone 5's unlocked? if not, there are so many unlocking services online now that would be so much less hassle than finding somebody to trade phones...

GSM is unlocked on verizon phone, but it doesnt have the AT&T LTE band.

alan111

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010

The Verizon model is unlocked for domestic and international gsm use, but it doesn't have the AT&T LTE band. He can however get "4G" signal using the Verizon iPhone 5.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Learn a few things before you respond like you know.
He wants to get LTE on AT&T. The verizon i5 cannot do that.
I'd suggest you sell it or try to trade on CL.

Mike J

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2012
Learn a few things before you respond like you know.
He wants to get LTE on AT&T. The verizon i5 cannot do that.
I'd suggest you sell it or try to trade on CL.

How about you learn the meaning behind a question mark. I asked.

Last edited:

LFSimon

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
Illinois
Seems to me your best option would be to investigate the economics of selling the phone and then just getting an ATT phone. You might get enough to cover the termination fee on Verizon and the subsidized cost of the ATT phone and/or pay out your Verizon contract over time with a non-smart phone at the lowest possible cost.

I don't know if any of these would work but I'd check them out and do the math.

PhilMcCracken

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Ohio
Seems to me your best option would be to investigate the economics of selling the phone and then just getting an ATT phone. You might get enough to cover the termination fee on Verizon and the subsidized cost of the ATT phone and/or pay out your Verizon contract over time with a non-smart phone at the lowest possible cost.

I don't know if any of these would work but I'd check them out and do the math.

He did say he already has an AT&T contract. So I doubt he can get a subsidized AT&T iPhone without opening up a new account. (2 accounts, 1 iPhone)

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
You're probably going to be better off just selling that phone and buying another AT&T iphone.

Because the chances of someone else being in a similar situation is . . . slim.

Mike J

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2012
How about you learn first before you try to answer a question you have no clue? Without guessing in the first place.

lol really? Get over it. A mistake was made. But I guess if a little immature argument on a forum is the highlight of your day, so be it. I'm gonna go now while you continue to cry about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.