Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crashblades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Hi, im a student amd currently have a 2010 11" mba, I have order a 2013 13" mba and im about to pick it up. My school has a comouter requirement and they are very vague about the specs. So if my 11" is usable I will return the 13". My question is can I return a open mba without any restocking fee? Or should I jist leave it sealed until I know I must need a new comp. The reason I bought the air right now is bc of the $200 sale

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
60 days for Reward Zone® program Premier Silver members

This is the reason why I bought the current 13" retina last week from Best Buy. When the Haswell version comes out, I'm returning it =)

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I bought a netbook at Best Buy a few years ago and wasn't happy with it. I used my Reward Zone silver card and returned it after about 6 weeks. They weren't so happy about it, but there was no problem.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
15 day return policy and there is no restocking fee. Any reasonable best buy will return It outside of 15 days for store credit.

I'm not so sure about that. I had a defective USB port on my 3-week old Air. I spoke to the manager and she wouldn't ("couldn't") exchange it. I ended up having to get the logic board replaced. Was not very happy with Best Buy.

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
I'm not so sure about that. I had a defective USB port on my 3-week old Air. I spoke to the manager and she wouldn't ("couldn't") exchange it. I ended up having to get the logic board replaced. Was not very happy with Best Buy.

Hopefully you went through Apple for AppleCare service versus BestBuy! :eek:

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana

That manager was a fool. I work for Best Buy and we would have exchanged it with no problems. Like I said though...they should do it ... its a case-by-case basis

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.