Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:53 PM   #26
isephmusic
macrumors 6502

your the kind of guy apple makes iPhones for lol just call and text thats it !
isephmusic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:59 PM   #27
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by isephmusic View Post
your the kind of guy apple makes iPhones for lol just call and text thats it !
He's not the only one. I have 2 iPhones, one for data-only, one for calls and texts. May be more troublesome than 1 device for all, but doesn't matter to me.
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:03 PM   #28
iNotion
macrumors regular

I'm still on the old iPhone 4...
And I think it looks and feel so much better than iPhone 5..
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:06 PM   #29
Fudd
macrumors member

Why does everyone only talk about the S3 in comparison threads anyway? The Razr MAXX HD seems to be superior to it in every way besides the camera.
Fudd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:06 PM   #30
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

I'm about to purchase my first iPhone and I am considering the 4s. I like the size but feel I should go with the newer tech if I'm going to sign a two year contract. Since you're due an upgrade soon, the 4s should be a good deal for you.
Ladybug is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:36 PM   #31
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by therep2004 View Post
Hi, longtime lurker. Here's my predicament.

I have been involved in a protracted dispute/negotiation with my phone carrier about my cruddy android phone (Droid charge). The phone is a joke. The phone's battery lasts maybe 2 hours max, even with a new one installed, I can't receive calls from my wife for some strange reason, it's too big/awkward for me, and there are 1,000 other reasons why I'm fed up (battery life being #1).

I've had the phone for almost 2 years, so I'm available for an upgrade in February. The problem is I need a new phone now. Luckily, my carrier offered to send a replacement phone. After some negotiation, they offered to send me a iPhone 4. The reason is that I told them I wanted the 5, but since it is a premium phone, they won't early-upgrade me. I thought the 4 would be a good choice since I will just upgrade it in February to the 5.

However, the phone company screwed up by failing to send me the phone. It just fell through the cracks. So I called back, complained, and now they are sending another phone, this time a iPhone 4S 16gb. Now I'm thinking this might actually be the ideal phone for me. It's small. As a man I cannot stand bulky things in my pockets, and the iphone 5 is just too long and odd-looking to me. I also dislike the anondized
I don't see why you think the 4S would fit better in tight jeans then a iPhone 5.
Jordan921 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:31 AM   #32
MacLappy
macrumors regular

OP, take the iPhone 4S. It's perfect for you.

Firstly it is free, secondly even though it is a year old, IOS 6 super charges it. It still performs very well compared to many newer phones.(Checkout Sunspider, Browsermark, and GLbenchmark 2.5) Thirdly and most importantly, it's probably the best smartphone with a 3.5 inch screen. So go for it.

P.S. The iPhone 5 is a huge upgrade over the 4S, in so many ways. I absolutely love it.

Last edited by MacLappy; Dec 13, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
MacLappy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone