Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:22 AM   #26
onthecouchagain
Banned

I keep an air filter near my desk as well, and though it seems to help a little, it doesn't eliminate dust completely--at all.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:42 AM   #27
err404
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadd View Post
I've had my iMac 27" mid 2010 for about a year now and it runs a little bit hotter than it used to...
Just an observation, but we are coming out of the summer months. Has the ambient temp been higher?
err404 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:47 AM   #28
Young Spade
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by err404 View Post
Just an observation, but we are coming out of the summer months. Has the ambient temp been higher?
That's something to bring up as well; my machine runs around 60 or so at home and only 50 or so while at school, due to the colder classrooms. Right now I'm in a coffee shop and it is a comfortable, 80 F degrees in here. Machine is at 67 C.

I'm in Florida BTW; later in the year and the beginning of next when it cools off, I'll be able to just run everything without AC or a fan and have cooler temperatures overall.
Young Spade is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2011, 04:26 PM   #29
jsolares
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post
That's something to bring up as well; my machine runs around 60 or so at home and only 50 or so while at school, due to the colder classrooms. Right now I'm in a coffee shop and it is a comfortable, 80 F degrees in here. Machine is at 67 C.

I'm in Florida BTW; later in the year and the beginning of next when it cools off, I'll be able to just run everything without AC or a fan and have cooler temperatures overall.
My CPU is at 52C with ambient at 77F (it's probably cooler but i don't have something else but the ambient sensor of the iMac), it's odd that we go above 77F here, I'm in Guatemala, C.A. it would be way hotter but where i'm at is near 6000 feet above sea level (1880m or so)
Old May 7, 2013, 07:22 PM   #30
ancientscream
macrumors newbie

lcd smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by qap View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.823; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Dust sucked from the fan inside the screen?! No way... When you remove the glass the dust could remain inside but not from the fans during normal use, the fans are inside/rear the lcd panel and the glass "close" it from the rear, i've never hear someting similar (yes a lot of people have found dust inside the glass but there is inside from the first start, not after 4 months)
urgh I guess your new to imacs then ? because i've seen plenty of imacs pre this generation that had dust ingress between the lcd layers due to bad sealing of the lcd panel, its often described as a static smoke like effect which creeps across the lcd, cleaning the inside of the glass doesnt cure it, because airflow and dust how somehow manages to penetrate the inner layers of the lcd, perhaps by the tape seal not being perfect or failing over time, they seemed to have fixed this in the newer imacs, but yes this was an issue.
ancientscream is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac