Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
You are quite correct. Compared to the close of January 23 and that of January 24, it did drop $64 from $514 to $450.

P.S. I really love Breaking Bad :)

I can't wait for the final part to begin. :D

I don't see Samsung or Apple being in big trouble if there is a decline in high end smartphone sales. Samsung already makes cheaper phones and Apple could decide to market a less expensive iPhone in the US too.

danahn17

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
HA....

Haven't heard that before.....oh wait, that's what we all say every time someone cries "Apple is doomed" and they go on to release the most popular smartphone each year.....

Exactly the type of response I expected.

Seems Samsung Fanboi denial is just as strong as Apple's
Who knew, I thought they were smarter, they sure post like it on these boards :apple:

While you both are replying to some admittedly weak defenses of Samsung, you also might want to look up what the "Tu quoque" fallacy is ;)

But back to the point... I think it's a combination of market saturation and your typical media sensationalization. Like some posters noted, the media loved posting "Apple is doomed" articles.... and now they are doing the same for Samsung since it's become also a household name/brand for cellphones.

In the end, it's much ado about nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.