Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:50 PM   #1
erke
macrumors newbie

Dock App? Stuck in the Dock

Okay I have failed to receive the solution to my problem online for the past 3 days on various forums/ask blogs. So here is my last chance.

This Dock App is stuck in my Dock. It is from the Core Services Folder. Anyways the Problem is. I can't remove from my dock. If I force quit it, my Dock just restarts with it still in it. Also when I right click it says that the app is not responding.

I have tried killall Dock (Just restarts the dock), I've tried setting the dock to default settings (It still is there) I've tried making a new user and its still there I've tried the -9kill or whatever and again it just restarts the dock. I've also tried deleted the Dock app in core services but I can't because Its still running. So I feel like I'm just stuck with this annoying thing in my dock forever.

I think that if I could back up then delete the dock in the Core Services Folder that would make the Icon in the Dock not findable and I could easily get rid of it. Then just replace the Dock in the core services again. But I don't know how to stop the dock from running cus it just restarts auto.

Any ideas on what I could try or do. Thanks so much. This has been driving me crazy.

Image of the app stuck.

Last edited by erke; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
erke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:05 AM   #2
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by erke View Post
Okay I have failed to receive the solution to my problem online for the past 3 days on various forums/ask blogs. So here is my last chance.

This Dock App is stuck in my Dock. It is from the Core Services Folder. Anyways the Problem is. I can't remove from my dock. If I force quit it, my Dock just restarts with it still in it. Also when I right click it says that the app is not responding.

I have tried killall Dock (Just restarts the dock), I've tried setting the dock to default settings (It still is there) I've tried making a new user and its still there I've tried the -9kill or whatever and again it just restarts the dock. I've also tried deleted the Dock app in core services but I can't because Its still running. So I feel like I'm just stuck with this annoying thing in my dock forever.

I think that if I could back up then delete the dock in the Core Services Folder that would make the Icon in the Dock not findable and I could easily get rid of it. Then just replace the Dock in the core services again. But I don't know how to stop the dock from running cus it just restarts auto.

Any ideas on what I could try or do. Thanks so much. This has been driving me crazy.

Image of the app stuck.
What did you do to get the APP on there in the first place? I went to my CoreServices folder and don't see what you have.

Have you considered Onyx? It's a pretty good system optimization/modification tool that might work to reset your dock.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:23 AM   #3
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by erke View Post

This Dock App is stuck in my Dock. It is from the Core Services Folder. Anyways the Problem is. I can't remove from my dock.
Why on earth would you move the system app that runs the dock into your dock? And no, you mustn't delete Dock.app in any case.

You said the problem exists if you create new users, so this probably won't work either. But you might open Terminal in Utilities and paste in

Code:
mv ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist ~/Desktop; killall Dock
and then hit the return key.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help