Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:23 PM   #201
Fanaticalism
macrumors 6502

Wait...

So, I can either pay $384 a year and then upgrade to the next device, paying another $384.... or I can just pay $400 and upgrade after 6 months and not pay a nickel more if I decide to keep the device?

Sad fact is, people WILL buy into this. Rent A Centers have been around for ages, with the same business strategy.
Fanaticalism is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:22 AM   #202
chalmers4three
macrumors member

why hasn't macrumors reported on Verizon's new EDGE plan yet? even the At&t haters over at BGR have reported it......is there a hidden agenda over here at MacRumors?
chalmers4three is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:30 AM   #203
Geckotek
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmers4three View Post
why hasn't macrumors reported on Verizon's new EDGE plan yet? even the At&t haters over at BGR have reported it......is there a hidden agenda over here at MacRumors?
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/15/...verizon-users/
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:41 AM   #204
chalmers4three
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
Close.....almost.....but that was just a rumor posted 3 days ago with no details. It has now been officially announced and still no news from macrumors
chalmers4three is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:01 PM   #205
Geckotek
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmers4three View Post
Close.....almost.....but that was just a rumor posted 3 days ago with no details. It has now been officially announced and still no news from macrumors
See front page.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:24 PM   #206
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68020

Can anyone run the number for tablets? This might be a way to get a new tablet yearly.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:37 PM   #207
jctevere
macrumors regular

I'm still going off the original $300 I paid for my 3GS. I use my phone, before the year warranty is over, complain and get a like new refurbished one. Then for the next 6 months I baby it, sell it on craigslist and use that money to buy a new one on upgrade @ 18 months.

So far I have at least covered the price of the newer phone, and in the case of the white iPhone 4, I actually made a profit (allowing me to increase the storage) - hah!

I will not be participating in this program, it's like they're trying to get people to rent phones so they never build equity. Although, you can make the payments for 20 months. But then you're paying almost $700 for an iPhone (no subsidy for having contract).

All, let these plans flop, it is a rip off.
jctevere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:00 AM   #208
ledzeppelin
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctevere View Post
I'm still going off the original $300 I paid for my 3GS. I use my phone, before the year warranty is over, complain and get a like new refurbished one. Then for the next 6 months I baby it, sell it on craigslist and use that money to buy a new one on upgrade @ 18 months.
I thought they stopped the 18 month upgrade and announced that they are now making you wait to the 24 month mark, if I'm not mistaken ....so make sure before you depend on it.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion