Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Towhead

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
My note above should say 1/31/13. Here's what it says in the fine print when I try to order:

"Save 50% On AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac mini
Limit 1 items below per bundle • Expires: 01/31/2013"

I ordered my mini a few days ago - it's still in transit, ordered 12/20 and I'll have it 1/3 (slow shipping to Washington, huh). When I ordered it, the date was 12/31/12 - but now it reads 1/31/13, so I think they've just extended the low-cost Applecare another month - maybe they'll do it again next month. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

As for getting it into your cart, when adding the free software, look a bit lower and choose the Computer Accessories tab and choose Apple care for $54. If you just add the mini to your cart, exit the next screen, then look at the cart it'll show applecare available - if you pick it then it'll add and be $104!

EDIT: BHPhoto has a NO RETURN policy if the computer is opened. I'd expect them to take back a buggered up shipment but there's no 14-day return window as if you bought it from Apple directly.

henryp

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2007
New York, NY
EDIT: BHPhoto has a NO RETURN policy if the computer is opened. I'd expect them to take back a buggered up shipment but there's no 14-day return window as if you bought it from Apple directly.

Our return policy.
If we make an error and ship the wrong item we'd certainly exchange it. If you receive an item that's defective out of the box or damaged in transit we'd certainly exchange it,

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Our return policy.
If we make an error and ship the wrong item we'd certainly exchange it. If you receive an item that's defective out of the box or damaged in transit we'd certainly exchange it,

The poster was talking about Apple's 14 day no questions asked return policy. No questions. No restocking fee. No headaches.

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone do the free standard shipping way? If so, how long did it take to receive your Mini.

Let me know, thanks

Completely depends where you live. I live in the midwest and when I have ordered from them in the past it has taken 3-4 days. For you in FL, I would guess maybe 4-5 days?

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
I have nothing to say but good things about B&H. I have purchased a fair amount of photo equipment and when I saw the price on the Mac Mini was cheaper than anyone else I purchased it on December 31st and paid for overnight shipping with UPS and it arrived on January 2nd in Louisville, KY. I think I wasted the extra money for overnight shipping and it would probably been here the next couple of days anyway. They seem to ship fast. I am very happy with them and they have always answered any questions I have had. Never had a problem with a couple of returns I have had.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
I love B&H. It is one of the sites I always compare prices against when making an Apple purchase. The tax free angle (for most people) can add up to real savings. They also have a vast selection of photo equipment and they ship very quickly.

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Anyone do the free standard shipping way? If so, how long did it take to receive your Mini.

Let me know, thanks

I ordered on the 28th and received on the 4th. New Year's Day factored in as well.

The only "complaint" I have with BH is their upgraded shipping is expensive compared to Amazon (but I do have Prime). I could have upgraded to one day delivery from Amazon for $3.99 I believe, but BH wanted something like $72. Insane prices. But the overall deal was great and I just chose the free shipping instead.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
When I purchase a mini for myself or to upgrade for a client/buyer B&H is one of few sellers I check . My list is:

1) Amazon
2) Apple refurbished
3) B&H
4) Buy.com
5) Jr.com
6) MacMall

Every one on the list has strong and weak points.

None of them are terrible I will never use them again.

I have had the most trouble with TigerDirect.com Aka Circuit City , CompUsa.

Bierboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
East Moline, Ill.
When I purchase a mini for myself or to upgrade for a client/buyer B&H is one of few sellers I check . My list is:

1) Amazon
2) Apple refurbished
3) B&H
4) Buy.com
5) Jr.com
6) MacMall

Every one on the list has strong and weak points.

None of them are terrible I will never use them again.

I have had the most trouble with TigerDirect.com Aka Circuit City , CompUsa.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Buy.com and would NEVER do business with them again...

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
I've had nothing but bad experiences with Buy.com and would NEVER do business with them again...

Wow I have purchased thousands of dollars from them 0 issues, but they have a very complex ordering system ( to get discounts) so if you make a mistake it is a hassle.

Amazon has an insane search next to worthless. But they have the best return system of all.

Mac mall is hard to order from and you need to keep all paperwork perfectly for rebates.

Apple has a new game it truly annoys me they shorten your warranty 6 to 10 days when you buy they start the warranty clock the day it ships. I just purchased a quad 2.3 mini they ship it from cali to NJ via ground take 8 days the warranty does not start the day I get it truly wrong policy. I can only get a refurb from apple . they used to ship from PA to NJ 1 or 2 days lost on each item I did not like it but what's one or 2 days. now coming from California to New Jersey 6 to 8 days off the warranty that is sleazy. Every time they do this I call and complain as it is nasty policy. if you buy 30 refurbs in a year that is 180 to 240 days lost in total. on the good side the refurb is 679 vs 799 for the quad 2.3.

B & H has run out of stock and cancelled orders very annoying but rare. They have great prices they ship fast.

Jr.com almost perfect

Last edited:

Caromsoft

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012

Let me know, thanks
From B & H to California was 7 or 8 days with standard shipping. A free copy of Bento was supposed to be included but wasn't, called them up and they shipped it right out. Good company.

Bierboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
East Moline, Ill.
Wow I have purchased thousands of dollars from them 0 issues, but they have a very complex ordering system ( to get discounts) so if you make a mistake it is a hassle...

My problems with buy.com included ordering something in stock....there's a delay...then they say it's backordered....then they say they won't ever get it. Or the prices change unexpectedly; weird stuff like that. I avoid them like the plague.

jpa66

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Another satisfied B&H customer here. I just bought a mac mini, and it took three days to ship ( to Chicago ). I buy most of my film from B&H, and they've always been easy to deal with.

xMClass

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
California
I buy all my professional camera equipment from B&H. My current MacBook Pro is from them, and my previous iMac was also purchased from them. No problems at all. Excellent customer service and no tax for me. B&H is my go-to source for most electronics.

Highboy90

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
NY
My problems with buy.com included ordering something in stock....there's a delay...then they say it's backordered....then they say they won't ever get it. Or the prices change unexpectedly; weird stuff like that. I avoid them like the plague.
That's what I like about B&H Photo. If it says in stock, it's physically in stock and shipped by the next morning. No fuzzy math either. At least that has always been my experience with B&H.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.