Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
This is just an excuse to quote from films isnt it.

What is it with people quoting from films... I've noticed a lot of american comedy relies on characters having film quote offs.

Well, the only way to close this thread is to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
I honestly think you're grasping at straws here, just my opinion.

I think Pixar is better overall than Dreamworks, but the latter has had some great hits also, especially How to Train Your Dragon. I'm all about that movie.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV

I think Pixar is better overall than Dreamworks, but the latter has had some great hits also, especially How to Train Your Dragon. I'm all about that movie.

Indeed.

I would argue that Pixar has more critically acclaimed animations, more cutting edge technology, more awards, and a higher level of originality, but a production rate of about half of DreamWorks Animation.

Both companies tend to do very well at the box office with each release.

Disney Animation IMHO produces much better musicals than DreamWorks Animation and complements Pixar for Disney, examples being "Tangled" and the current release "Frozen" vs for example Rio! and "Madagascar"(for those parents that have to take the the kids to the theaters and then have to listen to them play them over and over again on DVD/BD).

For the record, I have seen all of the Pixar animations, haven't seen "Planes" or "Frozen", thought Wall-E was the finest anthropomorphic creation in animation to date, and will patiently await a sequel to "The Incredibles", thank you Brad Bird, until I die (I give myself another 30 years).

That said, I look forward to more "How to Train Your Dragon" sequels and the upcoming "Trolls", and expect "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" to disappoint.

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently

Indeed.

I would argue that Pixar has more critically acclaimed animations, more cutting edge technology, more awards, and a higher level of originality, but a production rate of about half of DreamWorks Animation.

Both companies tend to do very well at the box office with each release.

Disney Animation IMHO produces much better musicals than DreamWorks Animation and complements Pixar for Disney, examples being "Tangled" and the current release "Frozen" vs for example Rio! and "Madagascar"(for those parents that have to take the the kids to the theaters and then have to listen to them play them over and over again on DVD/BD).

For the record, I have seen all of the Pixar animations, haven't seen "Planes" or "Frozen", thought Wall-E was the finest anthropomorphic creation in animation to date, and will patiently await a sequel to "The Incredibles", thank you Brad Bird, until I die (I give myself another 30 years).

That said, I look forward to more "How to Train Your Dragon" sequels and the upcoming "Trolls", and expect "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" to disappoint.

Guys, I don't think if one studio is superior to the other output-quality-wise, side-business wise, or how often they send out final products has anything to do with the particulars of my original post.

This simply has to do if they decided to "prank" on each other's work.

Some of you say it's futile, but I still beg to differ. The only thing futile, is that I will never know for sure.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
Guys, I don't think if one studio is superior to the other output-quality-wise, side-business wise, or how often they send out final products has anything to do with the particulars of my original post.

This simply has to do if they decided to "prank" on each other's work.

Some of you say it's futile, but I still beg to differ. The only thing futile, is that I will never know for sure.

Just to offer an opinion about the two companies in context of their work, as a healthy rival, and the manifestation of that might be what you are pointing out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.