Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12leeaj1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I opened up the Bootcamp assistant and tried to put my legit disc in the computer but when i put it in it makes these quiet noises then just comes out of the disc tray a few moments later.

HELP!!!!

kpgh554

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
iver england
I opened up the Bootcamp assistant and tried to put my legit disc in the computer but when i put it in it makes these quiet noises then just comes out of the disc tray a few moments later.

HELP!!!!

have you checked disc clean as i've found optic drive very sensitive to even the smallest of finger smudges etc try first then run in bootcamp

antdawe

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I had same problem. Had to install xp first then once that was up n running I booted to xp. Inserted win 7 disc then done clean install from there.

12leeaj1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
kpgh554 said:
have you checked disc clean as i've found optic drive very sensitive to even the smallest of finger smudges etc try first then run in bootcamp

the disc is new... i took it out fresh from the ordering place.

I had same problem. Had to install xp first then once that was up n running I booted to xp. Inserted win 7 disc then done clean install from there.

i dont understand this. you install xp??? can you elaborate??

EDIT: Just to let you guys know i had windows installed before, but the browsers didnt work so i deleted the partion. now im trying to install windows again

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.