Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdotto

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Toronto
the search feature on the YouTube app does not work? Allows to enter search terms but no results appear

Another thing that is different than the ATV 1 is ability to Log In. When username and password is entered you get message that says this account cannot be used?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
the search feature on the YouTube app does not work? Allows to enter search terms but no results appear

search working ok for me

Another thing that is different than the ATV 1 is ability to Log In. When username and password is entered you get message that says this account cannot be used?

i can log in fine on the ATV3 - both mine are logged in.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
It sounds to me like your ATV is not hooked up to your network. Both of these functions work fine and have never had any other reported issues.

Check your wifi/lan connection.

tdotto

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Toronto
I am connected - proof being able to see other iTunes content e.g. Movie previews (trailers) etc. Also, within the YouTube app, I can see What's hot etc. videos.

After disconnecting Ethernet and going WiFi I am now able to use this app as expected. I have since flipped back to Ethernet and have experienced no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.