Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyteckit

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
Someone on this forum recommended this browser: Mercury Browser

For anyone who are having issues with small fonts and and fuzzy looking text on safari web browser when viewing it on an iPad Mini, should try out Mercury Browser.

Just played with it for about 15 minutes. Pretty awesome.

Able to change font size.
Seems to have better font rendering than safari.
Multi-Gestures support
Firefox/Chrome bookmark syncing

It's free.

I'm enjoying viewing webpages a lot more on Mecury Browser than safari. Text looks really nice even in small fonts.

Highboy90

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
NY
Just installed Mercury Browser and will give it a try. If good, I'll upgrade to the Pro version.

hyteckit

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
For anyone who wants to be able to change font size but prefers to stick with Safari, here is a guide to make bookmarklets that do just that, using JavaScript. Just put them on your Bookmark Bar and you'll have an easy button for "Font+" and "Font-" (or whatever you want to call them):

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57433957-285/change-the-font-size-of-a-web-page-on-ios/

Way too much work having to change font size on almost every page.

Mercury browser seems to remember your font size. Although it does take a second to readjust font size after it finishes loading a page. No biggie.

----------

Just installed Mercury Browser and will give it a try. If good, I'll upgrade to the Pro version.

Didn't realize there was a pro Version. Guess that's how they make money.

99 cents. Cheap.

Not sure what the pro version offers though.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Yep! I was the one who recommended it. It's pretty fast, interface looks great and it keeps the font size. The larger font makes it so much easier to read on the mini.

Not sure what's the difference between the Free and Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.