Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:57 AM   #26
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

I have the in-earphones made by Apple. They are great! They come with different sized silicon fittings. Problem is I keep losing them. They come off very easily

Liking the new ear pods better!

Last edited by viewfly; Nov 11, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
viewfly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:24 AM   #27
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
Apple's earphones are pretty cheap in my opinion because you can't size adjust them. Virtually any quality earphones have different size fittings and Apple has none. You ain't going to hear anything if it doesn't fit. That's the problem with Apple, they think everybody is one size.
Not going to disagree with you on that. I think its all about what works for each individual. Some people are audiophiles, others aren't. I figure just find out what works for you, stick with it.

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:33 AM   #28
avanpelt
macrumors 6502a

I'll like the Lightning port a heck of a lot more when we start seeing third party support for it in large numbers. Right now, it feels a little too much like Thunderbolt part two for my liking.
avanpelt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:37 AM   #29
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Apple's earphones are pretty cheap in my opinion because you can't size adjust them. Virtually any quality earphones have different size fittings and Apple has none. You ain't going to hear anything if it doesn't fit. That's the problem with Apple, they think everybody is one size.
Apple provides a stock earpiece similar to other phone providers- one size for all. But I think the new ear pods are the most comfortable.

You can buy non stock adjustable earpieces with small to large silicone plugs to fit different ears. Many out there including Apple's $70 pair.

It's not Apple's problem it's the industry standard. What stock phone did you buy that came with adjustable earpieces?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:20 AM   #30
deannnnn
macrumors 68000

I've made my peace with lightning. It's definitely easier to connect in the dark. I'm medium on the new earbuds, though. They definitely sound much better but I don't really like the way they sit in my ears.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:24 AM   #31
Lunfai
macrumors 6502a

I hope they make the lightning cable magnetic so that it'll make it even more easier :P. I just love the magsafe design.
Lunfai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:19 PM   #32
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewfly View Post
Apple provides a stock earpiece similar to other phone providers- one size for all. But I think the new ear pods are the most comfortable.

You can buy non stock adjustable earpieces with small to large silicone plugs to fit different ears. Many out there including Apple's $70 pair.

It's not Apple's problem it's the industry standard. What stock phone did you buy that came with adjustable earpieces?
My Samsung Galaxy S3 came with in ear adjustable fittings.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:56 PM   #33
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
My Samsung Galaxy S3 came with in ear adjustable fittings.
That is great! I've been buying phones since 1995, and never had your experience. Had Nokia's, Motorola, japanese brand and now Apple

But I wouldn't give up my iPhone just because of a stock earbuds. Besides I have pretty medium sized or average ears.

So it just works well for me. Got a pair of over the ear Bose too
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:27 PM   #34
cynics
macrumors 603

Meh, I think the lightning connector is cool as a cable, feels solid, reversible. But Apple went out of there way to make the cable difficult to clone with the only intent of overcharging customers for it since there is no alternatives.

A Chinese company was able to clone it so we'll see tons of 3rd party options soon. Problem is how many will work? A lot of the 30 pin adaptors don't work so what are the chances these third party lightning cable clones will work?
cynics is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:06 PM   #35
cynics
macrumors 603

Btw, while not as easy to plug in in the dark I think MHL/Micro USB is a better connector. Industry standard, HDMI 1080p out with 7.1 audio out, charges connected device and when connected to MHL supported TV's the standard remote will communicate with the connected device (you can play, ff, rewind, etc from TV remote).

Or you can get an adaptor for non MHL enabled TV's. I think you lose the remote control functions and it won't charge....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AETu0mepWzI&sns=em

Corny Samsung 9 series ad but whatever. There a hundreds of new TV's with this support though and since its a standard it will get hard to find a TV without it. Why not use a standard? The plug probably doesn't even need to be different on the phone end.

Another issue I have with the lightning (even though I still have a 4S lol) is its new from the long time 30 pin connector everyone has and is used too. There have been countless times that I've had bartenders, barbers, secretaries at car dealers, etc, etc charge my phone while I wait.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:11 PM   #36
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816

I too love the lightning connector when it comes to plugging it in while in the dark. And the EarPods sound and work AMAZING when running/working out.
joshwithachance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:36 PM   #37
GREEN4U
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic- View Post
...I have a GR07. Is that one "real" enough?
yes.
GREEN4U is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone