Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
Some of you need to wait for the iInvisible, doesn't weigh a thing and its features match your imagination.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
First off, I'm not implying by any means that the iPad 3 (or 2 or 1) is worthless on terms of performance. But saying that the 4 is a carbon copy of the 3 is a gross understatement. The 4 has a significantly faster CPU, and the GPU is an even greater improvement. The front camera is HD as well. If those features don't do anything for you, that's fine, but it doesn't mean they aren't there.

Sure you are right in all points. Talking about the iPad 1 - I think it's OK, EXCEPT the 720width movie issue. Otherwise I would be happy with that.

Sure, the iPad 4 has more UNDER THE HOOD. But it's like driving a Porsche GTS3 during rush hour. Elsewhere there was lots of talk how silly it looks to take pix with an iPad. I don't care for that talk, but rather use the iPhone for pix or movies.

My point is, as an iPad 3 owner I don't see any must-have-killer-function-wow in the iPad 4.

To put it into perspective, I can see that an iPhone 3 owner wants an iPhone 4 (or later). But as an iPhone 4 owner the 4s or 5 again isn't a quantum jump.

Of course, if you must have it, go for it. But I can't see any logical reason from my point. But nothing is known about the iPad 5 - maybe it has what I want.....

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
Unlikely but how would you react?

If screen and resulution is same I wouldn't buy, otherwise ipad4 is perfect. What else they could improve? iOS7 should work fine on ipad4 and slow on older ipad's logicallly ...;)

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
To put it into perspective, I can see that an iPhone 3 owner wants an iPhone 4 (or later). But as an iPhone 4 owner the 4s or 5 again isn't a quantum jump.

Of course, if you must have it, go for it. But I can't see any logical reason from my point. But nothing is known about the iPad 5 - maybe it has what I want.....

I disagree...

My wife got the IP5 and after comparing it to my 4S the 5 is so much faster. The speed different is quite a huge jump. And if you are coming from a 4 it is an even bigger jump when you add in the much better camera plus a bigger screen plus hotspot - it really was a substantial upgrade. If you got a 4 you really should have upgraded to the 5 I think.

As for the iPad 3 v 4. Again I compared them side by side (friends have both). It's not a small difference in speed. It's actually a big difference. BUT if you got a 3 it's worth waiting for the 5 IMO.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Don't have to worry since there won't be any new iPads until the fall. Case closed.

You don't know that. While I agree it is unlikely, my thoughts, and yours, are not yet fact.

Apple does what Apple wants.

----------

Keep saying things like that and you won't be flame proof. Apple has been very anti-stylus since the Newton.

Not really. They made it optional and they don't build them, but stylus support of some level has always been in the devices. Sure it's not the super pressure sensitive stuff that some folks want but those folks are a minority compared to the much larger group that is just fine with what support there is.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
Not really. They made it optional and they don't build them, but stylus support of some level has always been in the devices. Sure it's not the super pressure sensitive stuff that some folks want but those folks are a minority compared to the much larger group that is just fine with what support there is.

There is no stylus support. The fact that you can use a stylus is a happy accident due to the type of screen used. It was not in any way intentional by Apple.

Stack Overflow

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Unlikely but how would you react?
Well, I upgraded to an iPad 4 LTE on launch. And though I do like the old style, I'm pretty stoked for the iPad mini form factor to come to the full sized iPad. Thinner, lighter, sleeker... What's not to love?

But, like I said, I just spent near a grand on an iPad just a few months ago, and didn't really expect a new iPad until the fall, so if they came out with a new iPad, with all the mini styling, in March, less than 6 months after the release of the current iPad, I'd be all like...

"Cool, I'm glad to see they've updated things!"

Why, am I supposed to be mad or something?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Like this:
sad-bench.gif

Obese Lobsters

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
I would enjoy looking and playing with the new iPad at the apple store than promptly go back to using my iPad 3.

yokken

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
I would most likely preorder it and sell my iPad 4 64GB. I would love a black anodized iPad 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.