Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
My router (AirPort Extreme White gumdrop style) is only 2.4 ghz. I was just wondering if there is a way to know what another hotspot is running at so I can test my devices on both frequencies to verify proper functioning.

I don't know if you can without logging into the router. There might be an app out there but I haven't heard of one. The only way I knew it was the 2.4ghz antenna was because it wasn't working on both of my routers. You could try borrowing a router from a friend to test it out.

MacSince'85

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I don't know if you can without logging into the router. There might be an app out there but I haven't heard of one. The only way I knew it was the 2.4ghz antenna was because it wasn't working on both of my routers. You could try borrowing a router from a friend to test it out.

My mini did not work on my 2.4 ghz or the 2.4 ghz at my gym. I did not get a chance to try it on 5.0 ghz, nor do I know anyone who has a 5.0 ghz router I could test it on. I just figured it would probably be wise to test these things every once in a while and particularly as the critical points in the warranty approach (3 months and 1 year).

RamonMM

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2013
Hi I have the sams problem and I hope they can change mi ipad mini for a new one. I just have a problem, I bought it at best buy and I cant find the receipt! Will I be able to get a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.