Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:45 AM   #76
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDogg View Post
I was gonna tell the OP just to say that he dropped it in the sink. Don't mention urine or feces or even a toilet. Hell, don't even mention a bathroom. Wash your phone with rubbing alcohol before you go in (if you go in) so that you aren't infecting people with hazardous material.
You talk about fraud then tell someone to lie. Classy.

OP, you do need to tell them it was dropped in your piss so they can put gloves on. There's no telling what they can contract by touching your phone that was submerged in piss. Do the right thing.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfcboy View Post
Cheers Tonya, to be honest i rarely use my iphone in the toilet but was actually watching an important football game on sky go so i didnt want to leave it Its not as if i stand there, one hand on the big man whilst texting on a consistent basis, you just live and learn with your mistakes I guess.

All i can do is go into Apple and see what happens, if not will claim on my house insurance (though the excess is large). All my own fault so willing to take flak but was more after advice than get slaughtered lol.

Thanks anyway

----------

It was only banter, if people cant take then dont give it (and to be fair ive had a fair bit in this thread which was expected). Dont think the poster was too (excuse the pun) pissed off so you really should keep your beak out mate
You said you were playing a game buddy. Which story is it?
GoCubsGo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:11 AM   #77
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

Now that's what I call a s***** situation.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:25 AM   #78
peapody
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Never got that far . I was actually playing Agent Dash at the time and trying to pee, multi talented obviously... but something i wont try and reinact again I can tell you that!!
Eww!! Got to put you on my mental list if you ever try to sell your phone!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:29 AM   #79
The-Real-Deal82
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Cheers Tonya, to be honest i rarely use my iphone in the toilet but was actually watching an important football game on sky go so i didnt want to leave it Its not as if i stand there, one hand on the big man whilst texting on a consistent basis, you just live and learn with your mistakes I guess.
Quote:
Never got that far . I was actually playing Agent Dash at the time and trying to pee, multi talented obviously... but something i wont try and reinact again I can tell you that!!
Playing 'Agent Dash' and watching a football game on Sky Go!! No wonder you dropped it!

I'd be interested to know how you managed to do both those things on your iPhone at the same time.
The-Real-Deal82 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:12 AM   #80
Eric374
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjs2396 View Post
Am I the only person that thinks its, frankly, disgusting to even contemplate using your phone whilst taking a P*** or the other option? Come on! Geeze I bet you don't wash your hands after taking a leak? Or sneeze into it and shake someone's hand? Dinner invite? No thanks!
Reminds me of an old joke, a Marine and a Naval officer are standing at the urinal, and both finish at the same time. The Navy officer goes to wash his hands and the Marine goes to walk out the door. The Navy officer says, "You know, in the Navy they taught us to was our hands when we're done using the bathroom!" The Marine says.....

In the Marines they taught us not to pi$$ on our hands!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:24 AM   #81
Ta0jin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyblila View Post
Attachment 375076

Every time I read one of these bathroom stories, I am shocked! Quit taking your phone in the bathroom!
Best post ever!
Ta0jin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 06:00 AM   #82
SJW-Stingray
macrumors newbie

Phone In Toilet

I did something relatively similar a minute ago.

I was taking a dump and playing some tiny wings. Naturally I used my boxers as a phone hammock to wipe and flush. Forgetting this I pulled up my boxers and my phone dropped in the toilet. I immediately grabbed it out and dried off the water, but I couldn't switch it off because the screen had several blank spots.

What should I do.

P.S the screen is now all funny colours.
SJW-Stingray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:03 AM   #83
torana355
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW-Stingray View Post

I was taking a dump and playing some tiny wings. Naturally I used my boxers as a phone hammock to wipe and flush. Forgetting this I pulled up my boxers and my phone dropped in the toilet. I immediately grabbed it out and dried off the water, but I couldn't switch it off because the screen had several blank spots.

What should I do.

LOL That's hilarious!!!!!!! Just take it to an Apple store and they will replace it for a fee.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:37 AM   #84
jbachandouris
macrumors 68000

Quote:

What should I do.

Sorry, what was that bumper sticker? Oh right: YOU OUT OF THE GENE POOL!
Apple TV
jbachandouris is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:33 PM   #85
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:

I was taking a dump and playing some tiny wings. Naturally I used my boxers as a phone hammock to wipe and flush Forgetting this I pulled up my boxers and my phone dropped in the toilet. I immediately grabbed it out and dried off the water, but I couldn't switch it off because the screen had several blank spots.

What should I do.

There is nothing in the definition of that word that describes what you're doing. You're saying that not only do you use the phone while actively going to the bathroom (questionable enough) but then put it inside your underwear? I feel like the luckiest person in the world to not know you personally or work with you, you're basically a walking bio-hazard and literally have the ********* phone on the forums. [see - cross contamination][COLOR="#808080"]

Last edited by Interstella5555; Jun 20, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Interstella5555 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:39 PM   #86
torana355
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post

A) Fraud
B) Knowingly subjecting others to hazardous materials [legality may vary]
C)Advise resembles what's in the OP's toilet.

Trifecta achieved, good job.
What are you talking about??? Apple have no problems replacing phones that have been dropped in the toilet. It is actually a very common occurrence, the girl i spoke to when i got my iPhone wet said people come in all the time with iPhones that have been dropped in the toilet..
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:16 AM   #87
SJW-Stingray
macrumors newbie

I turned my phone on this morning and it works completely fine. Although, I think I've learned my lesson about phone hammock.
SJW-Stingray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:13 AM   #88
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana355 View Post
What are you talking about??? Apple have no problems replacing phones that have been dropped in the toilet. It is actually a very common occurrence, the girl i spoke to when i got my iPhone wet said people come in all the time with iPhones that have been dropped in the toilet..
Sorry, miread that as "free"
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:27 AM   #89
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
False. This is not an official policy and it truly depends on who you speak to and whether they want to give it to you for free. Putting a phone in your boxers that ultimately leads to dropping it in the toilet is not covered under a regular warranty. It is covered under AC+ and in that case, it is not free either. Why would Apple give you a free phone for being completely irresponsible (and gross) with your phone?
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:54 AM   #90
torana355
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
False. This is not an official policy and it truly depends on who you speak to and whether they want to give it to you for free. Putting a phone in your boxers that ultimately leads to dropping it in the toilet is not covered under a regular warranty. It is covered under AC+ and in that case, it is not free either. Why would Apple give you a free phone for being completely irresponsible (and gross) with your phone?
Go back and read my post again....I said for a Fee NOT for free.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:57 AM   #91
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Go back and read my post again....I said for a Fee NOT for free.
You are absolutely right. I saw that as free too.
GoCubsGo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:00 AM   #92
torana355
macrumors 65816

Quote:
All good In certain circumstances Apple have been known to replace iPhones for free but it really depends who you speak to. When i got my iPhone 4 wet i had to pay a fee but it was still better then paying for a whole new phone.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:58 PM   #93
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Sorry, that was my fault, I was so floored that people walk around with **** covered phones that I wasn't reading clearly.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:40 PM   #94
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Sorry, that was my fault, I was so floored that people walk around with **** covered phones that I wasn't reading clearly.
Nah, my lack of reading comprehension is only my fault.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:59 PM   #95
richard371
macrumors 65816

Make sure you wipe and flush all the data before you replace it
richard371 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 05:03 PM   #96
Elven
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to Elven
Not to crap all over the current pisstaking puns but really it's crappy when this happens.

We do give a crap, and wish you the best of luck in rinsing your phone of yourself.

*gets coat*

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone