Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southweststokie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Bristol, UK
Is the lack of anything positive re supply chain rumours/comment e.g build up of stock, global distribution and generally getting into shape for sale, a concern.

Not sure whether we'd have expected some visibility of any of this by now ?

As a newbie to the Apple ecosystem, I haven't been on top of other launches, so it's difficult to compare.

Anyone with a view ?

Like everyone else, I need to get this wait over with and move on with my life.

SWS

timcullis

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
London
For starters the volumes are much lower, we're not talking about millions of units for the iMac, so much less to watch.

Secondly, there's far fewer watchers who are interested in watching the iMac.

After all, there was zero news whatsoever about the Mac mini.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
there's really no rumors to report from anyone. Everyone knows what the iMac looks like and we all know what's inside and we all know when its coming. what else is there to report really ?
I think you should just lean back, relax and wait. going for the 21.5" you might be able to buy it next week if you are quick. it will for sure be released. 27" in a couple of weeks.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
There is a production line issue with the IP5 being the culprit here. Due to assembly issues, QC "Junking" many units, pre-determined Line allocation has been pushed back to allow for further Iphones to be made. In plain English, a line that would have been used to produce the new Imac's is still making the phones.

Hopefully, we may here something next week...My representative is still saying "November" so fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.