Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

handheldgames

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2009
Pacific NW, USA
hahaha.. I've add two to the parts pile over the years due to an inconveniently placed beer. Perhaps a trip to the dishwasher would bring them back to life...

I really wish Das would offer the "silent" version in a Mac layout. I would have bought that over the Tactile Pro otherwise because it's black instead of white (the keys dirty up pretty easily). They do offer replacement keycaps for Option/Command, but no other Mac-specific functions.

----------

Yeah, those are great keyboards. I had one for a long time until it met its unfortunate demise with a spilled beverage.

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
I normally use the 1st gen bluetooth Apple Keyboard, but when I need to really type a lot, I shove it aside in favor of a 1st gen Matias Tactile Pro.

Attachments

• Apple_Keyboard_A1016.jpg
    Apple_Keyboard_A1016.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Tactile Pro.png
    Tactile Pro.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 76

d-m-a-x

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
i have a 9x12 Wacom. my arms were too far apart with a full size, so i got the compact (with rechargeable batteries) and a separate numeric keypad on the top right side. The keyboard is shared between the mp and the mbp

d-m-a-x

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
i have a 9x12 Wacom. my arms were too far apart with a full size, so i got the compact (with rechargeable batteries) and a separate numeric keypad on the top right side. The keyboard is shared between the mp and the mbp

------

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84

kunia

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2010
CM Storm Quickfire TK with cherry red mx switches.
One thing that sucks is Numpad switch does not work under OS X, so I have my apple keyboard around for times when I need to crunch some numbers.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I normally use the 1st gen bluetooth Apple Keyboard, but when I need to really type a lot, I shove it aside in favor of a 1st gen Matias Tactile Pro.

I used one of those Apple (wired version) keyboards for a while and still have one or two, but the keys got to where they would stick unless they were pressed perfectly in the center, making them hard to press in some situations. The keyboard is clean and never had anything spilled in it. Is this a common problem with these with age?

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
I used one of those Apple (wired version) keyboards for a while and still have one or two, but the keys got to where they would stick unless they were pressed perfectly in the center, making them hard to press in some situations. The keyboard is clean and never had anything spilled in it. Is this a common problem with these with age?

Mine has been in use since about when it was released and I've never encountered this issue.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
LIES! There's no way a spilled drink killed a mighty M!

:D

Did you at least try to open it up and dry it out with a hair dryer?

jas

Oh, I tried... It was Pepsi, IIRC. Pulled all the keys off, cleaned everything, etc. No dice. I think I actually fried something on the PCB. It was a shame. Loved that keyboard.

fpsBeaTt

Suspended
Apr 18, 2010
SteelSeries 7G, Apple wireless keyboard and integrated Retina MacBook Pro keyboard.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I love the Apple keyboard and that's what I use, In my opinion the best keyboard. Prefer Logitech mice though.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
I really dig the wireless Apple KBs.

I also dig the Apple KB with the numeric pad (wired). I use it exclusively here at work. (Need one of these for my "new to me" Mac Pro I just bought.)

tomvos

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
In the Nexus.
I recently acquired an M0118. It has mechanical switches and is a joy to touch. :D

Apple-M0118-Keyboard.JPG

I guess, now I know from where the idea of a small <ENTER> key originated. By the way, the keys of the wireless keyboard under the cinema display are the same size as the M0118. It’s only a matter of perspective.

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
Well, if I'm on the move than the one in the MacBook. Otherwise I use the apple bluetooth one (short version, no numpad). I got this couple of years back to use with my ipad - but it was so much better (comfort-wise, anyway) that I started using it with my PC, and now I use it with my MacBook when I'm at home or in the library. I too would like one with a numpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.