Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....

If the iPhone works for you, great. If it doesn't, that's great too. There's plenty of choices out there.

I am wondering if it still works for me. I have a few more months to decide if I want to continue onward or just go non-smartphone and save some $.

Cool is subjective really.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Not so in Boston. On the T, it is about 80/20 in Apple's favor. In school (I'm in grad school right now), it is about the same.

----------

None of those features you mentioned are cool to me. Samsung reminds me of Dell and HP in the late 90's.....bloatware on top of Windows that ultimately made the machine work like crap.

In general, Android represents a cheap, mass produced American car. It may have better horsepower, miles per gallon, etc, but I like German cars for their precise engineering and aesthetic design.

To each his own, I guess, but Apple is a premium brand, and Android is like a Ford Focus.

Was Boston heavily Android before the VeriPhone 4? Even though in the past year, AT&T has smoked Verizon in Boston, Boston is known as a historical Verizon stronghold, similar to NYC, although not quite as extreme.

Multiview is the one thing that's really, really cool. I can see a lot of uses for it, just like I love working on a dual monitor computer.

I wouldn't compare the SGS 4 to a Ford Focus. It's more of a Ford/Chevy thing at this point. Both are very good. The difference now is that while Apple has not been innovating, Samsung and Google have been paving the way forward. The iPhone still has a nicer fit and finish on the software, and has a lot of nice subtle features, but the lack of customization and the lack of some of the big innovations is making the iPhone rather uninteresting these days.

----------

I hate to say that I'm totally objective, as I'm probably not, but I do own and use both on a regular basis. And I like both. But the iPhone is feeling boring, while Android keeps paving the way forward.

A few years down the road, when I want to upgrade the 4S, if I can't Jailbreak an iPhone, then that's the end of iPhones for me, and I'll surely go to Android. Otherwise, it will be a tough decision.

262Runnr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
NC
I've had an iPhone since the 3S came out and every flavor since, except the 5. Android has never impressed me until the end of last year. I like what they are doing and for me it's time for a change. I ordered an HTC ONE 64GB last Friday.

Although I've loved my iPhone all these years it has not been without frustration over Home button problems, wireless not working, sound not working despite the fact that I am OCD about protecting my phones and taking super good care of them. Sorry, Apple it's been fun but time to for a change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.