Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vader_slri

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
Canada
Still 6th gen - received a couple of weeks ago. I doubt they will ever switch to 7th gen.

Has anyone requested a replacement recently? Just curious if they've switched to replacing with the 7th Gen iPod.

I thought I had lost my 1st Gen, just found it and requested replacement. Can't believe program is still going on.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Has anyone requested a replacement recently? Just curious if they've switched to replacing with the 7th Gen iPod.

I thought I had lost my 1st Gen, just found it and requested replacement. Can't believe program is still going on.

They won't.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I had a first gen nano that had the battery explode. It must have overheated and just expanded and burst the case apart. I threw it away. Damn!

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
Email received from Apple, I can confirm that they're replacing my 1st Gen nano with a 6th gen :)

I wish they're replacing it for the latest 7th gen. I guess I can't complain with Apple is replacing it for free but still, the 7th gen is the BEST nano yet :D

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I wish they're replacing it for the latest 7th gen. I guess I can't complain with Apple is replacing it for free but still, the 7th gen is the BEST nano yet :D

Yeah I was hoping for 7th gen, the 6th is kinda lame, guess they've got a lot of them left over unsold...

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
Yeah I was hoping for 7th gen, the 6th is kinda lame, guess they've got a lot of them left over unsold...

Nope, they are sending out just manufactured iPods, last one I got was made in April according to S/N.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.