|Nov 29, 2012, 11:00 PM||#1|
Television addition beside my iMac, need some help!
You may have seen my other thread discussing the lack of ability to hook a 360 up to the thunderbolt iMacs. To alleviate this situation, I'm considering buying another monitor/tv to put beside my iMac on my desk. I have a 42" in the living room and it's the only TV in the house currently. My wife and I fight over it sometimes, so having another one would be nice. It would also free the TV for her if I want to play games. Here's some questions I have. I'm a noob when it comes to TV buying.
1. Should I aim for a similar size TV as the iMac (~27")?
2. Most TVs that size come in 720p. Is the resolution going to look awful in comparison to the iMac sitting beside it?
3. Is having two 27" monitors on my desk going to look ridiculous? Does anyone else do this?
4. What inputs should I make sure the TV has so that I can use it as a second monitor for the iMac if I want. Is it just HDMI?
5. Any recommendations for TVs? I haven't gone and looked at TVs in a long time but have heard good things about Sony and Samsung. Should I be aiming at something high-end like an LED or 3D TV?
I appreciate any help you guys can give!
|Nov 29, 2012, 11:14 PM||#2|
2. I have a 25.5" 1920x1200 samsung monitor/TV that wasn't very expensive from newegg a couple years ago. Maybe $280?
3. I just got my TB display to connect to my upcoming 27" iMac, as well as the aforementioned 25.5" monitor/TV, so it kinda looks like a command center
4. mine is HDMI
5. mine is a T260HD but they don't make them any more. Not sure what an up to date replacement would be that is made to be both monitor and TV
|Nov 29, 2012, 11:42 PM||#3|
|Nov 30, 2012, 02:13 AM||#4|
looks a lot nicer than mine, but it's only 720P. A big plus of mine is it doubles as an external 1920x1080 monitor, but if you won't use it for that, probably doesn't matter much
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Installing 2.5" SSD in addition to stock 3.5" HDD in new 27" iMac?||TheSpeaker||iMac||1||Dec 14, 2012 11:55 AM|
|How do I hook up my Imac to my HDMI television?||kickycan||iMac||6||Jul 12, 2012 07:50 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.