Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
NH
I though I'd check here. Does this flash firmware upgrade apply regardless, even if I have a third party OWC drive?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I though I'd check here. Does this flash firmware upgrade apply regardless, even if I have a third party OWC drive?

No. It is an update for the Toshiba SSD in the 2012 MBA. So if you no longer have the Toshiba SSD in there, there is nothing for the update to run on.

Cidtek

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I'm new to Apple products and I have the 2012 MBA with a Toshiba drive. Is there a notification when updates are available or do I use some check for updates function?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm new to Apple products and I have the 2012 MBA with a Toshiba drive. Is there a notification when updates are available or do I use some check for updates function?

It will check automatically unless you have turned off auto check for updates. Go to System Preferences and in the Software Update pane make sure you have this top box checked. You can also click there to force a manual check for any updates.

T0PGWmP.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.