Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
I've been using the incase Range messenger bag for a couple of weeks now. It has a very well thought out and very well padded strap system (better than all the other bags which I considered), a great computer case, and a huge main pocket without being overly bulky. The downsides are that it's a little short on smallish organizer nooks and pockets if you fancy that sort of thing, and it only comes in one color.

http://goincase.com/products/detail/range-large-messenger-cl55395

___

jessicagomes

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
Recently i brought a Laptop Bag from Samsoniteindia. Its very trendy and good for daily and leisure travel.:)

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
I've been using an Empire Builder from Tom Bihn, along with a sleeve to protect my rMBP. Works great.

Tom Bihn is the only correct answer here. I have the Empire Builder also.

Made in Seattle with US ballistic and the occasional Japan-made components. Insanely well designed. They will last a lifetime and are all I buy.

Tumi is a joke. I used to live in Georgia and they have a Tumi outlet there in Vidalia, GA (that's where they used to be made before they sold out to China). I could get most any bag for at least 80% off. They were "seconds" but were brand new. Made a lot of money eBaying those junky things!

Tumi is a brand that has a high price to make you think it's worth it. They are ok bags, but anyone spending $500 for a laptop bag should be shot. It's Chinese junk. I see guys all over airports with their Tumi gear acting as if they know what's up. Tumi is Jansport quality at 10x the price, lol.

Go Tom Bihn and thank yourself every day.

Last edited:

pwolfe

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
I can't believe no one has mentioned chrome bags.

I just recently bought a chrome buran (link below) after using another chrome bag for exactly 10 years. 10 years of traveling internationally and complete and utter abuse without the slightest hunt of wear. I'd still be using the old one but my new 15" rmbp wouldn't fit in it.

This buran is awesome, integrated sleeve, cavernous storage space and super comfortable. Even allows a briefcase mode.

http://www.chromeindustries.com/bags/laptop-bags/buran

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam

Johnny V

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013

sarakn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2013
I'm not sure what you're looking to carry apart from the computer, but I have always liked Tumi messenger bags.

I've had one since 2006 and it still looks new except the underside of the shoulder pad. The bag is amazing - built to last and protects your investment.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
I can't believe no one has mentioned chrome bags.

I just recently bought a chrome buran (link below) after using another chrome bag for exactly 10 years. 10 years of traveling internationally and complete and utter abuse without the slightest hunt of wear. I'd still be using the old one but my new 15" rmbp wouldn't fit in it.

This buran is awesome, integrated sleeve, cavernous storage space and super comfortable. Even allows a briefcase mode.

http://www.chromeindustries.com/bags/laptop-bags/buran

+1 for Chrome bags.

I've got the Lieutenant myself. It's not specifically a laptop bag but it has a separate zippered compartment that fits the 15 in rMBP + sleeve perfectly. It's also a great all purpose weatherproof bag that you can actually throw ice and a bunch of cold ones in the main compartment in a pinch.

For a more professional type bag I'd recommend the Brenthaven Collins Slim Messenger at the Apple Store. I've had it for a few months and it's held up well for everyday use for such a classy look.

Scott G.

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2016
Amsterdam, NY
I ordered a Think Tank Photo Retrospective 13L Pinestone. It should be here on Friday. =)
[doublepost=1482354650][/doublepost]
Just had my Booq Mamba Courier arrive this morning. It's an amazing bag and holds my 15" rMBP perfectly.

It's waterproof outside and inside.

Here's some pictures.
Where did you buy it? I don't see it on their website and Amazon just has used bags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.