Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValkyrieX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Hey i'm about to buy a MBP by the internet. I live in Brazil (MBP base here costs U$2000 - very expensive) and my friend in the US is going to pick it up instore. I don't know how this works, could someone tell me? (The buying and picking it up part)
Additionally, as i'm in a tight budget, i'd like to know how can I get the student discount, even though I am not a US resident and far from an US student. My friend though, will study there soon and I think his sisters are already at school, but they're 11 and 15, i don't know if they're eligible for discount.

Well, how shall I do this all?

Thanks guys

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
Any student K - Post-Doctorate can get an educationally priced computer from Apple. I'm not sure what the rules are here on gaming the system but I will say this, Apple does not check to see if you are enrolled in the school that you claim to be.

The easiest way to order computers with the educational discount is to go to the American Apple web store and click Apple Store for Education (http://store.apple.com/us-hed/findyourschool?aid=AOS-US-Edu-NavLink). It will likely have to be shipped to a US address, but I have no idea.

I feel obliged to say "don't cheat the system, it wrecks it for those people who need it."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.