Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithydan

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2013
I have a cheap screen protector and my bamboo and adonit work fine.

My father has a matte screen protector and his bamboo and adonit work fine.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I'm using the Adonit Jot Pro at the moment. I plan on using my iPad for art purposes and got the Jot Pro enabled ProCreation app.
My only concern is how thin the tip is, I'm a careful person but you never know. I can't stand the floppy black tipped ones, they're just so ICKY.
I'm always keeping my eye open for something else though, have a feeling I'll be using the Jot for awhile.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
If you have a screen protector. None of these are work well.
False. I'm using the Ti pen/stylus with an Spigen/SGP UF screen protector and they both work very well together. Be careful making broad, sweeping statements based on limited experience.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
False. I'm using the Ti pen/stylus with an Spigen/SGP UF screen protector and they both work very well together. Be careful making broad, sweeping statements based on limited experience.

I stand by my assessment.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013

How can you? Using absolute statements like never, always, or as in your case, "none" always leaves you open to getting shot down. If you tested every single screen protector with a combination of every single stylus, and used a million testers, then fine, you would have to be believed without question.

But you haven't.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012

A capacitive stylus will work under the same conditions your finger will work. If these screen protectors stopped styli working, they'd stop your finger working on the screen too. Which would be rather pointless.

sguyx

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2013
Im looking a pen for a ipad too. I already have a Note 10.1 and i love its pen. It's thin light and the tip is fine - easy to use. Any similar for ipad? I have only seen finger tip like pens, would like to have sharp one.

Also i would like to have an application for handwriting recognition to be able to write and draw in same application when making notes. And finally save them in pdf or as a text to export the text to any other text processing software. if anyone knows SNote, a similar application. Thanks!

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.