Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbone74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
smartfonestore

just found this store online and the prices seem a little too good cheaper than ebay or gumtree and with some warranty.

is it on the level?

anyone got any experience of them?

thanks

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
smartfonestore

just found this store online and the prices seem a little too good cheaper than ebay or gumtree and with some warranty.

is it on the level?

anyone got any experience of them?

thanks

Can't say I have. Their website appears to be unprofessional and a bit sketchy.

After some quick Google research, I've noticed multiple people having problems with the phones they've purchased from them, such as not able to send/receive calls due to the phone being blocked.

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
if you never heard of it before and it's too good to be true, it's probably a scam/not legit website.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I got a 4S from them last year (via their eBay store), advertised as B grade. It was in perfect condition as far as I could see, still using it and no problems. I would use them again.

nellisere

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
Sorry to bump this up, found it in a Google search so thought other people might see it. They really are legit, my Mum bought a 4S from them in May and had no problems at all, great customer services, grade A, not a single scratch. I've just bought an iPhone 5 off them, should be here tomorrow. Would definitely buy from them again!

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
Yes they are legit, over the last year I've got:
iPhone 4 16GB
iPhone 5
and last month an iPad Mini.

The iPhone 4 developed a faulty home button out of warranty, was bought as a grade "A". The iPhone 5 was bought as a grade "B", arrived mint condition. The iPad Mini was the same, mint. I chalk the iPh4 up to it being in a case in a previous life so superficially fine but internally probably heavily used, I moved it on via gumtree. Prices are 'reasonable'.

More information on them is they also sell via eBay and they are basically the reseller for FoneBank.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.