Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Direct install from ipsw, without restoring any backup. Avoid OTA updates - b2 was def. buggy.

Beta 3 will also be buggy. It's normal and I think this time we should wait till beta 5 or 6 to get a more stable OS. Even better, wait till the OS is final.
Of course if you have a development device to test it, then it's great. If you depend on your phone though, then I wouldn't suggest installing any beta. I have done it a lot of times and it wasn't nice...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Beta 3 will also be buggy. It's normal and I think this time we should wait till beta 5 or 6 to get a more stable OS. Even better, wait till the OS is final.
Of course if you have a development device to test it, then it's great. If you depend on your phone though, then I wouldn't suggest installing any beta. I have done it a lot of times and it wasn't nice...

I meant the bug also present in b1: if you
- use OTA for upgrade even from a clean, well-working b1
- restore a backup after a clean upgrade,

there will be some major battery drain.

There won't be a drain if you do a clean, non-OTA, no-backup-restored b2 install right from the IPSW file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.