Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hi,

What is the best web design programme if i want to design a basic website without knowing any coding? However i could learn the basics if needed. I have no plans to actually make the website go 'live' so it's more of a creative task for myself. As i have a Mac could i use iWeb?

Thanks

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
i still have it on my mac though so surely i could still use it?

iWeb will teach you bad habits. That's not an opinion, it's a fact as I've spent years on this forum helping users with iWeb proprietary/annoying issues not common on other platforms and IDE's. And who wants to learn on a deprecated product, that's just not sensible if you need to research something or run into trouble.

I share the advice to use Rapidweaver which has a nice GUI interface for respectable WYSIWYG and preview (although no product is perfect, so always test in a real browser). Rapidweaver also will allow you to test concepts as you learn more on the back end over time, with no need to switch to a new product, i.e. you won't outgrow Rapidweaver rapidly, pardon the pun. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.