Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Is there adblock plugin available for iPad/iOS 6 ? Or do I need to ise third part browser? With Android there was system wide adblock available which made web browsing really nice. With Safari there are momens when I think that page loading is finished and try to click a link when all of sudden Safari finishes loading an add and because I also pointed at location on screem which I though was for the link Safari opens that ad instead. Very frustrating, surfing feels worse now and then than with a chinese cheap Android pad which has adblock and alsp faster CPU. Because iPad mini costs 3-4x the price of a chinapad you would expect that. :(

VolceOntra

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2007
If you have a Mac, you can use glimmerblocker and set up a proxy on the phone to go through your Mac IP.... Other than that, no :(

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Its not that serious..that happens to me very rarely your blowing this out of proportion.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Is there adblock plugin available for iPad/iOS 6 ? Or do I need to ise third part browser? With Android there was system wide adblock available which made web browsing really nice. With Safari there are momens when I think that page loading is finished and try to click a link when all of sudden Safari finishes loading an add and because I also pointed at location on screem which I though was for the link Safari opens that ad instead. Very frustrating, surfing feels worse now and then than with a chinese cheap Android pad which has adblock and alsp faster CPU. Because iPad mini costs 3-4x the price of a chinapad you would expect that. :(

Hyperbole much?

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
No this really is a thing which bothers me and since it does not usually require much effort (or atleast so I thought) it would be nice if there was a way to do it. With regular computers, I install adblockers regardless of what OS I'm running, it's the content which matters, not ads.

EDIT: Mercury Browser includes buil in adblock so that is one option.

Last edited:

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Apple should introduce this feature.
Since iOS is a MAJOR player in mobile ads for Google it would be a giant middle finger.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Its not that serious..that happens to me very rarely your blowing this out of proportion.

Hyperbole much?

I would say it all depends on what sites the OP is going to.

Don't assume that everyone's browsing habits are like your own. From my own experience, I use a handful of sites that have that issue and throw up full page ads just as it finishes loading. If those were the only pages I frequented, I could easily understand the OP's frustration.

Clearly it was enough of an issue for the OP for them to make a post and request assistance. The last thing they, or anyone on this site, needs are others telling them that their problems aren't issues - instead of actually offering help or being productive.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
The problem is most annoying when my iPad Mini for some reason does not have good WiFi reception, it still loads actual content ok but it wastes a lot of time loading unnecessary stuff, resulting to what I mentioned in the original post. My iPad does not have good connection at the location I have used my tablets mostly, like where I am using it at the moment. The connection works ok most of the time, YouTube buffers great etc. but then all of sudden Safari cannot find server etc.

Solutions would be to wait if Apple releases update which improves things, get better modem/router or remove the wall which is between me and my modem :)

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I would say it all depends on what sites the OP is going to.

Don't assume that everyone's browsing habits are like your own. From my own experience, I use a handful of sites that have that issue and throw up full page ads just as it finishes loading. If those were the only pages I frequented, I could easily understand the OP's frustration.

Clearly it was enough of an issue for the OP for them to make a post and request assistance. The last thing they, or anyone on this site, needs are others telling them that their problems aren't issues - instead of actually offering help or being productive.

I know what OP is talking about...but the solution to the problem is just waiting a extra second or two and the website would be fully loaded

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.