Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Its not an even exchange. I'd be out money.

Im sure once Mods sweep this thread through a few posters will be banned for spam

You've had the phone for 5+ months, of course you will be out money. I don't understand how you think you deserve Apple to do this incredibly difficult favor for you.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
You've had the phone for 5+ months, of course you will be out money. I don't understand how you think you deserve Apple to do this incredibly difficult favor for you.

because I preordered day 1 and Ive owned several Apple products.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
That describes several million people, so it hardly makes you special.

Still, good luck. If it works, maybe I'll put on a suit and see if I can get my car dealer to swap out my car for a different colored one too. I've owned several cars...

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
The problem is the black and white have two different model numbers. So swapping for a different model number is almost impossible.

The product numbers are different. So when they do their accounting and returning the numbers won't match.

This is true. However, in some cases, the store will swap out for a different color if you have gone in for multiple repairs and your phone still isn't up to snuff. Then you could ask for a "new boxed unit", which basically means that they are taking your faulty phone and giving you a brand new one and eating the cost of it themselves. This is rare, but it has happened in the history of mankind. If you ask for a "new boxed unit" and ask that it be a different color, it won't make a difference to them.

However, this is of course in a case where the customer seems to have been screwed multiple times. That doesn't seem to fit your case. So I doubt it works for you.

Why not just buy the white part off Ebay and replace it yourself?

It probably isn't that hard.

----------

Are you kidding me? He wrote:

Ever since I got the iPhone 5, I've been a loose cannon. Completely unfiltered. 200mph. I need a way to regain this sense of control. iPhone 5 pushed me into a different gear... It made me realize I shouldnt wait for anything. I will live my life in the fast lane, just like how fast it loads its apps and webpages for me. Lightning adapter, A6, LTE...

What woman wouldn't find that irresistible? :rolleyes:

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Ok..imma bite on this nonsense.
Please explain what pretending not to know that ur phone is covered under warranty has to do with getting a white replacement? It's not happening, bro. Please make ur appointment, get rejected and move along. They will NEVER do it under any circumstances. It's a policy that's strictly enforced. Wearing a suit, pretending to be stupid, & making up scripted stories all doesn't make a bit of difference. They won't budge on the color issue. No matter what genius u get. Remember back in the day when a genius had the authority to swap out a broken screen phone? So if happened to get someone on a bad day you could just make another appt and hope u had better luck? Well this isn't like that at all. They have NO leeway on swapping colors. They are simply not allowed to do it. End of story.

Pretending?

----------

Yes, because she will just find you irresistible in your suit and tie.:rolleyes:

Good question.;)

Well to be fair Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!

----------

And after they deliver a product to you in exchange for money they owe you exactly NOTHING other that warranty service.Get this through your head.You are not special.
I guess next you'll be showing up at Tim's house demanding he cook your dinner!

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
For things like these… I send my wife. For some reason, I always end up getting what I want then… hmm…

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
I love this thread more and more every time OP makes another comment lol... The fact that you think you get some sort of special treatment because you've owned "several Apple products and preordered your iPhone 5 day 1" is hilarious. Get over yourself.

Last edited:

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Soon Apple, Soon

love_iphone.jpg

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
OP's troll has been a good one. There's really no proof he can show whether Apple does or doesn't give him a different color so none of this matters

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
OP's troll has been a good one. There's really no proof he can show whether Apple does or doesn't give him a different color so none of this matters

Agreed, at this point it is just ridiculous. Its been 9 days since the OP said he was going to go to Apple and try to do the swap. For all we know the OP has gone 5 times in the last 9 days and have been rejected every single time. But there is nothing to stop him from coming back here and reporting that the swap worked. Its time for this to be wastelanded.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
Now you know two!

Black peels, cheap looking. After much discussion pushed up the ranks, they finally sent me the white instead.

No problems with the finish on those...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.