Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.
Well, it seems like my worst prediction has come true: less-than-intelligent Apple designers have decided to make the iTunes for Mac UI similar to that of the horrendous, ridiculous, pathetic iTunes app for iPad.

No, I am NOT talking about iTunes 10.7, which is just a minor compatibility update for the new iDevices. I am talking about the "reinvention for the worse" of an app which, despite its currently-bloated status, is EXTREMELY easy to interact with as far as music is concerned.

Now my only hope is: can we still keep the old interface active as opposed to that POC iPad-like UI? Any advice is more than welcome.

You and whining are like best friends huh ...

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I am delighted that iTunes has changed.

Personally, I think iTunes is the single worst piece of software apple have ever created.

I have deleted iTunes from every Mac I've ever used. It is bloated, slow and not at all user friendly.

I hate it so much that I refused to buy an iPhone because you are forced to use iTunes.

I am considering an iPhone 5 now because iOS6 is pretty much iTunes free, I can use PhoneView to interact with the phone and if for some reason I ever need to use iTunes, hopefully v11 won't be anywhere near as crap as every other version Apple has made.

I've only ever used iTunes to store music on my Mac - out of interest what do you use instead?

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
It's been over due for a complete rewrite.

I'm hoping its not just a different way of being slow and tedious.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Rewrite doesn't magically solve all your problems.

Ain't that the truth ;)

But I have been expecting a transformation similar to what they did with final cut in the code base.

It will probably lose some functionality giving rise to wailing and nashing of teeth. Gotta start somewhere.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
iTunes never caused me any technical issues on my Mac, but it was ugly, archaic in use and design, and sometimes cumbersome to use

This reboot should have happened years ago and I can't wait that it will be out in just a few days

jjr4

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
New Itunes: bad omen for post Steve Jobs Apple

Well this is the worst update ever, but worse than that it clearly shows that steve jobs barely gone and Apple is back to its worst habits.
Gone are the simplicity and intuitiveness, gone is the reasonably quick apps efficiency on your machine.
If Itunes is any anticipation of the things to come, it is the best news the pc industry could have hoped for

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Well this is the worst update ever, but worse than that it clearly shows that steve jobs barely gone and Apple is back to its worst habits.
Gone are the simplicity and intuitiveness, gone is the reasonably quick apps efficiency on your machine.
If Itunes is any anticipation of the things to come, it is the best news the pc industry could have hoped for

Enough with the Steve jobs name drop. It's an improvement and much more refined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.