Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
So I just got a new Macbook Pro, the newest one for Christmas and I got Sims 3. I have the disc drive that you plug in via USB port and it'll recognize the Sims 3 game, but when I try and click on the installer I just get the beach ball and it won't even open.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's not the disc cause I put the disc in my old PC to see if it would freeze and it doesn't.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
So I just got a new Macbook Pro, the newest one for Christmas and I got Sims 3. I have the disc drive that you plug in via USB port and it'll recognize the Sims 3 game, but when I try and click on the installer I just get the beach ball and it won't even open.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's not the disc cause I put the disc in my old PC to see if it would freeze and it doesn't.

Get registered at the official Sims 3 website. Your best bet is to get your answer from the THOUSANDS of Mac Simmers there, many who have also discussed other issues with playing TS3 on their Macs. That's also the same website where you can get to contact Electronic Arts for technical support for installing your game.

The Sims 3 Mac Suopport Forums is the link below, but you cannot post there until you register.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/205.page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.