Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Tholian
macrumors member

MySQL question

I'm running several wordpress sites off of Mountain Lion Server and all has gone well. Now I am trying to add a fourth site and have run into some trouble. When trying to add a new table to MySQL via SQL Buddy front end I get the following error:

“You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘) CHARSET latin1’ at line 1”

It does not matter what name I put in for the table, I always get the error message so I don't think it is really a syntax error.

After a great deal of research I have not come up with a solution. I was hoping that someone has seen this and solved it already. I know thier are a lot of variables but someplace to start would be helpful.

BTW, does anyone know of a good tutorial for working with SQL Buddy and Wordpress?

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:03 PM   #2
neier
macrumors member

No experience with SQL Buddy or wordpress, but, that's just an SQL syntax error. You need an equal sign between CHARSET and latin1

create table `TableName` ( .... ) DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ....
neier is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking