Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi, Want to upgrade from my iPhone 3 I think it is (it's OLD) to an iPhone 5. I have ATT because at the time it was the only carrier that I could get an iPhone on... that's how old it is. My ATT subscription is way over. Anyway, Wife is on Verizon and I like Verizon. So I am going to get an iPhone 5 and switch to Verizon. In the past, when I bought an iPhone or a Mac, etc, I always went to the Apple store. They ported EVERYTHING from one unit to the new unit. Not sure that is true anymore. Soooo question is does it make a difference whether I get my iPhone 5 from Apple, Verizon, Best Buy, etc.
Thoughts???
Thanks.
Frank

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2012
Hi, Want to upgrade from my iPhone 3 I think it is (it's OLD) to an iPhone 5. I have ATT because at the time it was the only carrier that I could get an iPhone on... that's how old it is. My ATT subscription is way over. Anyway, Wife is on Verizon and I like Verizon. So I am going to get an iPhone 5 and switch to Verizon. In the past, when I bought an iPhone or a Mac, etc, I always went to the Apple store. They ported EVERYTHING from one unit to the new unit. Not sure that is true anymore. Soooo question is does it make a difference whether I get my iPhone 5 from Apple, Verizon, Best Buy, etc.
Thoughts???
Thanks.
Frank

Best buy. You get 50 bucks off the iphone 5 and a 25 dollar gift card. No deal gets better than that 8)

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
And BB can hook me up with Verizon, or do I need to make that call... Wife again is on Verizon, and I guess we'd have to get their new-ish "Family Plan." I have our use Hx printed out so I can judge objectively which plan to get.
Frank

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
BB can sell iPhones with any of the carriers. My BB purchase was simple and easy. The new deal with $50 off and the $25 gift card is the best deal around.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Does BB do a discount with the MacBook Air too?
Thx.
Frank

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Do I need any card or special code to get the iPhone discount, or is it just something BB has on now??
Thx.
Frank

----------

Actually just went to BB site. Got it... On Sale until 5 Jan 13. Thx.
Frank

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Yeah they figure christmas sales will get people in there. Who can resist $50 off the latest iPhone AND a $25 gift card? The catch is they try to push cases and screen protectors and more accessories on you "oh if you dropped your iPhone you would be glad you had a case" or "the screen will get dirty without a screen protector" (not really true, my screen looks better without one) or "you should get another cable so you won't have to carry the same one around"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.