Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parkds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2003
Hi there,
I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I am having importing 3 different resolutions of the same file into iTunes. The process use to work flawlessly a month or two ago, but now I can not get it work.

For some time, I have compressed HD content from TV or from a BD in 3 file formats using Handbrake: ATV 3 preset (1080p), ATV 2 (720p), and the iPhone preset. I then use Subler to add the tag information, including which HD resolution the file is in. Finally I bring these three files, with matching contentID numbers, into iTunes and it imports them all and displays them as 1 file in iTunes.

Today I went to import a new video and iTunes will only import either the 720p or 1080p video and the non-HD iPhone preset video. I need to have all three formats, because we have some devices that can plat and some that cannot play 1080p video. Is anyone else seeing this problem or have any ideas of work around other than creating a separate 1080p listing in iTunes?

To make sure it was not a tagging issue I removed a video from iTunes that had all 3 resolutions imported and tried to bring them back into iTunes. Same issue, only either the 720p or 1080p file would import, not both.

Thanks so much for any assistance!

mpress03

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
I don't use both the 720 & 1080 version so this may not help but it is worth I try. I use subler to tag my 1080 version and SD version. What I do is tag everything in the HD version and then copy and paste it into to SD version (including cover art) to make sure everything is the same. I then change the HD tag on SD version and it works perfectly. You could try this by deleting all the tags from the 720 and SD version of one of your movies and then copying and pasting to the other two and change the HD tag. This will ensure that all the data is the same, including the contentID. I would try it with just one of your movies before doing it on all of them.

I also had to go through and hide my movies that I bought from iTunes that I wasn't using. It was showing both the copy in the cloud and the copy I made which was really annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.