Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Unless I think she's more than fantastic enough for me. If it doesn't work, then sure. I'll want to get my life together first though. Having time away from her may help me focus on myself and being successful enough to make both of us happy in the future. While doing so I would be able to talk to her and look forward to seeing her in the future so I could still retain the relationship.

You can do the same as friends.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
You can do the same as friends.

Sure, but she doesn't feel like a friend to me and definitely won't if we're still dating come when I move in the summer. She feels like a girlfriend, someone I love more and differently than a friend.

iFarmer

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
It seems to me, from the replies and your counter-replies, that you know what you want to do and you're simply looking for validation. If you want to try a long distance relationship, go for it. As somebody who has done one (and failed at it) you couldn't pay me to try it again, but maybe you two will work out :)

Good luck.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Your girlfriend is a child and doesn't know what she wants at 16 so you shouldn't be making life plans for the both of you.

You need to get your life together and if that means moving to New York then do it, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same routine. Sometimes a new start is all that's needed. You said your mom cut you out and you feel better off, well maybe it's time for you to cut out your past and work towards a better future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.