Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tvlander

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Sorry, not sure which forum to stick this in, but I'm having trouble setting up new contacts for my boss. I need to create about 75 new contacts with the individuals' information (numbers, addresses, email) and an accompanying picture.

I have a late 2006 Macbook, OS X 10.6.8, but Address Book was long ago uninstalled. I need to send contacts to a person that has an iPhone 5 synced with their latest gen Macbook.

I first tried my Google Account Contacts section and tested it out. I filled out everything for a few contacts, added a pic, then exported as vCard format for Apple Address Book. I then tried pulling it up on the Contacts app on my iPad 3. All the information came over except for the picture. I imagine this will probably be the case for my boss' iPhone at the least.

I have all the images on my laptop, and would prefer to use my laptop over my iPad. Is there a much easier way to do this correctly that I'm simply overlooking? Do I simply email the person the the exported contacts in the Google Accounts CSV format, and then they just import it from their laptop?

I've not used an iPhone and have never really made/sent/whatever contacts as files before, so I'm sorry if this is mind numbingly easy. Technically I realize I'm not sending the file for the contact's image, but I thought it might be built into the vCard file since it's essentially just a thumbnail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.