Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justinhub2003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Cincinnati Oh
I am looking to buy new earbuds for both my wife and my self to replace my old JLab earbuds which replaced by Sennhiesers.

Im also looking for my wife as well.

The budget for me is 100.00 and my wife $30

For her; she wants something comfortable as sound quality is not as important to her. I am currently looking at the MonoPrice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones for her, as The WireCutter highly reccomends them and they are dirt cheap. Im then buy her some foam tips for better comfort.

For me; Volume is a must. I play drums along to them sometimes but mostly just want a high volume ear bud that still have decent sound quality for under a 100$.
I was looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Velodyne-vPul...UTF8&colid=RMX2O27G1Q9M&coliid=I24ZK9CK7KTG4M

So what do you guys think?

Whats the best earbuds under 30$ and under 100$?

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
I am looking to buy new earbuds for both my wife and my self to replace my old JLab earbuds which replaced by Sennhiesers.

Im also looking for my wife as well.

The budget for me is 100.00 and my wife $30

For her; she wants something comfortable as sound quality is not as important to her. I am currently looking at the MonoPrice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones for her, as The WireCutter highly reccomends them and they are dirt cheap. Im then buy her some foam tips for better comfort.

For me; Volume is a must. I play drums along to them sometimes but mostly just want a high volume ear bud that still have decent sound quality for under a 100$.
I was looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Velodyne-vPul...UTF8&colid=RMX2O27G1Q9M&coliid=I24ZK9CK7KTG4M

So what do you guys think?

Whats the best earbuds under 30$ and under 100$?

If you're going to be using it to play drums, you might want to invest in a pair of IEMs instead of earbuds. Cranking up the volume will just hurt your ears even more! Shure makes a $99 model. I've never tried the SE215's (I have the SE535), but Amazon reviews look good and Shure is known for making dependable products. This way you'll be able to listen at a lower volume while playing drums.

If your wife can extend her budget a little more, these are really great for the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.